- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: Dannii Minogue launches fashion line Project D in London
- Date: 27th April 2010
- Summary: CLOSE OF BLACK SEQUINS ON DRESS WIDE OF PROJECT D COLLECTION
- Embargoed: 12th May 2010 13:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVABHKZSC5WXBO2H215PJPO1T0ZY
- Story Text: A six-months pregnant Dannii Minogue, singer and judge of reality shows in the UK and Australia, unveiled her fashion line "Project D" in London on Tuesday (April 27).
The project is a collaboration with accessories designer Tabitha Somerset-Webb.
The two women revealed the collection to press and fans at Selfridges department store in central London where they also signed autographs.
Seven dresses from day, evening, and cocktail showcased a variety of styles including asymmetrical cuts and sequins. A maxi dress with leopard print and Minogue's floor-length sequinned dress stood out from the collection.
Minogue said designing while expecting a baby proved somewhat difficult but only because of her hectic work schedule.
"I guess the hardest thing with me has been going back to Australia and presenting on Australia's Got Talent out there, so we're working two of the most opposite time zones and our manufacturers in a third time zone so that's been the hardest thing. And during the volcanic ash last week, all the samples got stuck in Hong Kong. And this little baby bump won't fit into anything so I was really excited when the dress arrived for tonight," she told Reuters Television.
Accessories designer Somerset-Webb said the contrast of styles and body shapes of the two women proved inspirational for designing a line that could fit all women.
"I think we both bring really different things to the dresses as well. Obviously Danii's little and petite and I'm tall and Amazonian and curvaceous so we're both are looking for different things to the dresses and what we're wearing. She's really a glamour puss and I'm really dressed down, urban in my look. And so that's really brought together a really different collection of seven really different dresses - daytime, cocktail, evening, day-to-night," said Somerset-Webb.
The two denied any creative differences but joked there was always the future for a catfight.
"There's been no major fights, I thought there would be. I thought there'd be that real Joan Collins moment, you know, ringing each other's necks. That's probably to come sometime down the line," said Minogue.
"Yeah watch this space. In six months time, I'll be like 'I cannot stand her,'" added Somerset-Webb.
The prices for Project D range from 210 to 485 GBP (320 to 740 USD / 350 to 870 AUD).
Minogue, a judge on Britain's X-Factor and Australia's Got Talent and who's also a spokeswoman for Marks and Spencers clothing range, plans to give birth in her native Australia.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.