- Title: UK: Christopher Kane grows up at London Fashion Week
- Date: 17th September 2008
- Summary: (W5) LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 16, 2008) (REUTERS) INTERIOR BACKSTAGE MODEL POSING FOR PHOTO VARIOUS BACKSTAGE MODELS HAVING MAKE UP MODEL WEARING YELLOW DRESS, ALTERATIONS MODELS POSING FOR PHOTOS SIGN "TOPSHOP PRESENTS CHRISTOPHER KANE"
- Embargoed: 2nd October 2008 13:00
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA45SA0PM3WNVK6ZJNMCGXXL3R6
- Story Text: Christopher Kane unveils his latest designs at London Fashion Week.
London-based Scottish designer Christopher Kane unveiled his spring/summer 2009 collection at London Fashion Week on Tuesday (September 16) using oversized circles of fabric and layered circles on dresses.
He presented neatly tailored blouses and scalloped edges to sleeves as well as some two-piece trouser suits which were also decorated with the ubiquitous circles.
Kane, who at 26-years-old is a firm favourite among many fashion commentators, lists Tippex, clogs and cartoons among his inspirations.
His show featured dresses with short hemlines and almost every piece used circles of fabrics with some featuring prints of a monkey's face.
Tickets to Kane's show were among the most sought after in London and he was followed by Giles Deacon's show in the evening, for whom Kane interned after graduating from Central St Martins School of Art.
Kane won an award for best new designer at the British Fashion Awards in 2007 and has worked with Donatella Versace.
London Fashion Week continues over the next three days and about 52 designers will showcase their collections for next season.
Forthcoming highlights include Vivienne Westwood and House of Holland.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None