- Title: GERMANY: Agent Provocateur and Ed Hardy show racy fashions in Berlin
- Date: 3rd February 2008
- Summary: (L!3) BERLIN, GERMANY (JANUARY 31, 2008) (REUTERS) MODEL AT ED HARDY SHOW WEARING PINK NIGHT-GOWN AND MATCHING UNDERWEAR CLOSE OF MALE MODEL'S UNDERWEAR WITH TIGER'S FACE PRINT WOMAN IN AUDIENCE WATCHING MODEL IN BATHING SUIT WITH WHITE HAT / SHOWS TATTOOS VARIOUS OF MODEL IN WHITE HOODIE AND BLACK BOOTS / LATER SLAPPED ON BUTTOCKS BY MALE MODEL ON CATWALK MALE MODEL DANCING CLOSE OF MODEL'S BUTTOCKS MODELS WITH SIGNS READING "LINDSAY" AND "PARIS" MODEL WITH WHITE HAIR WEARING PINK TOP WOMAN IN AUDIENCE WATCHING VARIOUS OF END OF SHOW WITH FIRE EATER
- Embargoed: 18th February 2008 12:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVAC2VIADWOOBFXECU9YA6UNJJP
- Story Text: "Less is more" was the theme of the Berlin Fashion show on Thursday (January 31). Fitting to the late hour, the night shows featured the lingerie label "Agent Provocateur" and the T-shirt designer Ed Hardy, who's creations were almost as skimpy.
Both labels came out fighting for attention - the ladies in the lingerie styled on boxers, and Ed Hardy's creations being presented to loud rock music and providing just as deep and insight into the art of seduction as the Agent's underwear.
After opening with boxer-girls in bras and knickers, Agent Provocateur went on to show a whole range of lingerie to the hundreds of eager spectators.
The collection ranged traditional corsets to maid's costumes, with the whole breadth of see-through negligees and tassled-bras in between - indeed, some models were wearing only tassels instead of bras.
Since pop-diva Kylie Minogue wore Agent Provocateur in one of her provocative music videos, the label has drawn fans such as Nicole Kidman, Paris Hilton and model Kate Moss.
It can come as no surprise that the label was launched by Joseph Corre, the son of the fashionista Vivienne Westwood, and his wife Serena Rees. While they had never been able to find underwear to their taste, they decided to design their own and discovered that their taste fitted everybody else.
While Ed Hardy's creations certainly involved more material, they were just as provocative. Some of the collection included underwear, some of it resembled underwear, but all the T-shirt were bold - and just as loud as the music that accompanied them.
So it is also fitting that fans of Ed Hardy's designer Christian Audigier include rock and pop stars Madonna, Marilyn Manson and Shakira. But model Heidi Klum is also a fan of the clothes with the vintage tatoo prints, even if the naked truth is that we are more likely to see her in lingerie.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.