- Title: BRAZIL: FASHION - Paris Hilton hits the catwalk during Sao Paulo's fashion week
- Date: 11th June 2010
- Summary: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL (JUNE 10, 2010) (REUTERS) **FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY** EXTERIOR OF BIENAL PAVILLION WHERE SAO PAULO FASHION WEEK IS BEING HELD PEOPLE WALKING THROUGH FASHION WEEK VENUE VARIOUS OF MAKE-UP ARTISTS PREPARING MODELS AHEAD OF PARADE
- Embargoed: 26th June 2010 13:00
- Location: Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA8HXC6NRZF1409AWE82WSLG9XT
- Story Text: All eyes and cameras were on Paris Hilton as she walked down Sao Paulo Fashion Week's catwalk on Thursday (June 10) night.
The 29-year-old hotel heiress and celebrity closed the second night of parades for Brazilian brand Triton.
As soon as Hilton stepped onto the catwalk with a provocative white dress, she drew a loud applause from the audience. Unlike the other models, she waved and sent kisses to the public and photographers.
Fashion producer Marcia Rios said Hilton's participation was amusing.
"I thought the parade was very good. And Paris, I think she had fun," she said.
Make-up assistant Giselda Santos said the U.S. blonde was pretty, but not as beautiful as Brazilian top model Giselle Bundchen.
"It was very nice. Triton is always Triton. But what I'm still puzzled with is that girl who was in the parade, Paris Hilton. I think she's nice, but she's no Giselle (Bundchen)," she said.
Brand Osklen, by celebrated designer Oskar Metsavaht, was also one of the evening's highlights with looks that mix luxury and comfort.
Metsavaht, who also opened stores in Europe, Asia and the U.S. , became famous for his environmental consciousness and outfits made from a wide range of natural fabrics.
Thirty-nine Brazilian designers will present their latest creations throughout the week. The event will close on Monday night.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None