- Title: GERMANY: Romanian flair at Berlin Fashion Week
- Date: 12th July 2011
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS PRESENTING LUCIAN BROSCATEAN'S SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION ON CATWALK AUDIENCE WATCHING VARIOUS OF MODELS PRESENTING LENA CRIEVEANU'S SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION ON CATWALK AUDIENCE APPLAUDING VARIOUS OF MODELS PRESENTING ALINA BOTEA'S SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION ON CATWALK AUDIENCE WATCHING VARIOUS OF MODELS PRESENTING IRINA SCHROTTER'S SPRING/SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION ON CATWALK AUDIENCE APPLAUDING VARIOUS OF FIVE DESIGNERS, LUCIAN BROSCATEAN, LENA CRIEVEANU, ALINA BOTEA, IRINA SCHROTTER AND ACCESSORIES DESIGNER MIHAELA GLAVAN ON CATWALK
- Embargoed: 27th July 2011 13:00
- Location: Germany, Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA6G6UT7BND1BZJAVL822FKXYLD
- Story Text: Designers from Romania brought a taste of south-eastern European flair to the German capital as part of the Berlin Fashion Week.
It is the second time Romanian designers have presented a collection in Berlin at the event's main Mercedes Benz venue.
From avant-garde and glamorous evening dresses to ready-to-wear and urban street style, Romanian design covers the wide spectrum of modern fashion. In addition to these four clothing lines, the fashion show included shoe and accessory lines.
Designer Irina Schrotter, one of four showing on the catwalk, described Romanian fashion as young and different.
"We have courage to experiment, we have courage to say something different. I hope somebody from Romania will be the next most famous designer in the world", she told Reuters TV backstage before the show.
No stranger to the fashion world, Schrotter has been designing for 20 years and sells in several countries. Still, her presence at the Berlin Fashion Week, along with fellow Romanian designers Lena Crieveanu, Lucian Broscatean und Alina Botea, is a welcome and vital boost for Bucharest's emerging fashion scene.
Romania can't compete with centres of fashion such as New York, Paris and London, said Schrotter, but she and her colleagues were beginning to become noticed and an evening like this was a chance to show what Romanian clothing and accessories were doing.
"I really hope that one of the Romanian designers will be the next star of international fashion", Schrotter said.
Shoes and accessories were designed by Mihaela Glavan making the night a thoroughly successful and very Romanian affair.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.