- Title: JORDAN: Fashion show by Lebanese designer Akel Faqeeh
- Date: 17th December 2009
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS ON CATWALK SHOWCASING FAQEEH'S COLLECTION / AUDIENCE WATCHING
- Embargoed: 1st January 2010 12:00
- Location: Jordan
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA2XJTZ3EBEUMALN00KTDEWFO7G
- Story Text: Lebanese designer Akel Faqeeh holds a fashion show showcasing evening and wedding dresses, with proceeds of the event allocated for charity organizations.
Lebanese designer Akel Faqeeh showcased his latest collection of evening dresses in a charity event in Amman on Wednesday (December 16).
Models displayed yellow, black, white and blue dresses embellished with silk embroidery.
The dresses were designed to suit official events such as engagement and wedding parties, said Faqeeh, whose name is familiar in the fashion world in his homeland, Lebanon, as well as in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Faqeeh said he is planning another show in Amman next month and one in Milan in March next year.
"I always see the woman as a queen, princess. I can't see the woman, especially in an Akel Faqeeh dress, as an ordinary woman. I like her to be the centre of attention, I want her to have the the 'me' factor, to have an ego and pride" said Faqeeh.
The collection was specially put on for a charity event and a similar show will also be held in a big exhibition next year in the Lebanese capital, Beirut.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.