- Title: FRANCE: CAR BUYERS SWARM AROUND SHINY NEW MODELS AT PARIS CAR SHOW
- Date: 28th September 2000
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 28, 2000) (RTN) 1. EXT/INT EXHIBITION HALL (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. MV RENAULT KOLEOS (5 SHOTS) 0.35 3. VARIOUS BMW MINI STAND; MINI (2 SHOTS) 1.08 4. VARIOUS E-DOLL FROM PEUGOT CITY TOYS; PEUGEOT VROOMSTER (7 SHOTS) 1.32 5. SV (SOUNDBITE) (French) BRUNO DE JUIBERT, PRODUCT DIRECTOR FOR PEUGEOT SAYING "This car prefigures the year two thousand and twenty, it poses the question of what cars will look like in two thousand and twenty. I can't say that one of these vehicles will be seen in the street in exactly the same form. However, depending on these cars appeal to the public, they may influence design and architecture in the car industry in the future. 2.00 6. SLV NISSAN X TRAIL FUSION (6 SHOTS) 2.31 7. SV (SOUNDBITE) (French) STEPHAN SCHWARZ, CHIEF DESIGNER FOR NISSAN, SAYING "This car presents a new design strategy for Nissan. It fuses two important elements: high technology and a very strong emotional aspect. We wanted above all to take a completely new approach to the traditional sedan. We've developed the concept of a mono-silhouette which integrates the elements of the hood, the inside of the car and the trunk in the back 3.09 8. VARIOUS NISSAN X TRAIL FUSION PISTONS; BMW ROADSTER; CHRYSLER CRUISER (14 SHOTS) 4.22 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 13th October 2000 13:00
- Location: PARIS FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVABU2F51MNHQDEVMVCOU26L9BHO
- Story Text: Car buyers swarming around the shiny new models at the
Paris carshow might be in for a pleasant surprise, the dream
car may be affordable.
The biennial show, which is open to the public
from September 30 for two weeks, will feature important new
models from Europes leading mass car manufacturers.
And the combination of fierce competition, oversupply of
quality new cars, and the liberating impact of the Internet
stripping away dealers secrets, means that buyers have never
been in such a strong position.
DaimlerChrysler AG continues its recent offensive to try
to lift its American brands market share from less than one
percent. The big story for the Chrysler brands in Europe was
the arrival this year of the PT Cruiser, which has turned into
a huge hit in the United States.
Other major products to be launched in Paris this week
include the new Mini from BMW, which goes on sale across
Europe next summer. Other unique creations were on display
with the purpose of influencing future design and showing off
new technology rather than being sold on the market.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None