- Title: ALBANIA: Albanian Rally 2007
- Date: 10th January 2007
- Summary: (CEEF) BALDUSHK, ALBANIA (RECENT) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CARS RACING ON DIRT ROADS. CARS STOPPING AND BEING TIMED MAN WATCHING THE TIME MAN SIGNALLING FOR THE CAR TO START CAR DRIVING ON UNEVEN UNDERGROUND/CAR DRIVING THROUGH WATER
- Embargoed: 25th January 2007 12:00
- Location: Albania
- Country: Albania
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVAE01YC1DGZ4R38579ZGKUL05C9
- Story Text: Participants at the Albanian Rally 2007 dream of one day competing in the well-known and highly challenging Paris-Dakar Rally.
But it takes excessive resources and experience to participate in the Paris-Dakar Rally, so whilst they dream, Albanian youths have taken the matter into their own hands and arranged the Albanian Rally for the second consecutive year.
According to the drivers of the Albanian Rally 2007, the competition on home territory is a good substitute.
"It's the second time I participate. It's beautiful weather and I'm very much looking forward to do the race today," said Finnish driver Tina Finnaes.
The rally takes the drivers through tough terrain varying from muddy hills, small rivers and sandy beaches.
One of the drivers explained that it's the high quality of the drivers and the tough terrain at the competition which makes the dream of stepping up to the Paris-Dakar Rally lot closer.
"The rally was really difficult, there were 30 participants, four women and the rest were men. I was the third runner up, so I left 26 men behind me," competitor, Julinda Dhamo said.
Organiser were impressed with the the dedication of the young drivers at the event. Most participants have to spend their own money, time and resources on the race whilst the Paris-Dakar Rally drivers are often sponsored by affluent car manufacturers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None