- Title: JAPAN: Christina Aguilera Kristen Bell and Cam Gigadnet wow fans with "Burlesque"
- Date: 8th December 2010
- Summary: BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR AGUILERA'S 30TH BIRTHDAY BEING PULLED UP IN FRONT OF AGUILERA FANS SINGING HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND AGUILERA CLAPPING HANDS
- Embargoed: 23rd December 2010 12:00
- Location: Japan, Japan
- Country: Japan
- Reuters ID: LVACRYZCYXNXK9HMT4JRLG4C90UM
- Story Text: Just days before her 30th birthday, pop diva Christina Aguilera said on Tuesday (December 7), she is finally comfortable in her own skin after dancing and singing away her first lead role in the Hollywood debut musical film "Burlesque".
Aguilera joined co-stars Kristen Bell and Cam Gigandet on the red carpet in Tokyo for the Japan premiere of "Burlesque".
The stars took time to shake hands with and sign autographs for their Japanese fans, who had been waiting on the red carpet for hours.
Aguilera, who turns 30 on December 18, said the key to success in the entertainment industry is self-confidence.
"I think the best thing is to exude your inner confidence. I think that you have to just believe in yourself and feel good and comfortable in your own skin, which takes time to get to know and at 30 years old, I definitely have grown into it, but it's all a matter of inner strength," she said.
The film, which opened in theatres across the United States in November, hits the Japanese theatres on Dec. 18 --- right on Aguilera's birthday.
"Burlesque" tells the story of a small-town girl named Ali Rose, played by Aguilera, who moves to Hollywood and becomes famous for dancing in a night-club owned by the glamorous Tess, played by pop-music icon and Academy Award winner Cher.
The movie takes place in an ailing Sunset Boulevard theatre called the "Burlesque Lounge", where Aguilera's character finds a job as a cocktail waitress before climbing her way to stardom.
Unlike Aguilera, who is new to acting, "Gossip Girl" actress Bell said 2010 might have been her best acting year thus far.
"It was a wonderful year. I meant, I don't jinx it by saying it was my best year, but I'm exactly where I wanna be right now in my life and I'm just kind of happy and so I'm very grateful for it and I'm kind of living my dream everyday," said Bell, who played Aguilera's arch-enemy Nikki.
Bell flew into Tokyo directly from Alaska, where she just finished filming her up-coming movie "Everybody Loves Whales" also starring Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski.
The actress also stars in the indie ballet comedy "Dance of the Mirlitons," where she plays an overbearing mother of an ambitious, slightly overweight ballerina.
But Bell was not the only one busy filming this year.
Fellow co-star Gigandet is one busy guy starring in four films in addition to "Burlesque," in which he played Aguilera's love interest Jack.
The "Twilight" stud, who had the chance to mingle with various stars this year including Aguilera, said his experience in the up-coming film "Trespass" was a dream come true.
"Gosh it was amazing. I meant, it was surreal. The entire experience I would have to remind myself that 'oh my gosh, I'm working with Nicole Kidman and Nicolas Cage.' It was, it was great."
In the film, Gigandet plays a young man who decided to rob a wealthy family (Nicole Kidman and Nicolas Cage) with four of his friends.
The busy actor has three more films lined up for 2011 starting with a psychological thriller "The Roommate," "Making Change," and "Priest."
In "Priest," Gigandet will come back on screen as a vampire hunter -- a new role he takes on after years of acting the heartthrob bad boy.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.