- Title: USA: The remake of the 1976 horror movie "The Omen" premiers in New York City
- Date: 1st June 2006
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (MAY 31,2006) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR LIEV SCHREIBER, SAYING: It was a great character of a great sort of epic conflict."
- Embargoed: 16th June 2006 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA41BNN0Z13XRSOKBUPI7EQS8N3
- Story Text: It has been twenty years since the release of Robert Donner's horror film classic," The Omen," starring Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. On Wednesday (May 31) , a remake of "The Omen", starring, Julia Stiles, Liev Schreiber and Mia Farrow premiered in New York.
The premiere was held at the Angel Orensanz Foundation, which was once an old synagogue.
The original movie, filmed in 1976 is said to have been one of the scariest movies ever shown on the big screen. Julia Stiles, who plays Damien's mother said she had nightmares while filming the remake: " I was terrified, part of me was getting psyched up for the role. But I had nightmares every night after shooting from images from the original film. "
Liev Schreiber, who plays Damien's father said he took the role because "it was a great character of a great sort of epic conflict."
The movie opens in theaters on June 6, 2006, otherwise known as 6-6-06. The date of the release ties into the premise of the movie and how the young child, Damian, is really the devil and has a birthmark with the numbers 666. Director John Moore said the numbers were "a phenomenon and very much a part of the plot of the movie."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None