- Title: USA: Hollywood celebrities flock to "This Is It" L.A. film premiere
- Date: 1st November 2009
- Summary: ANNE HECHE WITH SMALL BOY ON RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 16th November 2009 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA7XSGOBJLBYDZXG7ZPHZ78L9J1
- Story Text: The Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" wrapped up a 17 world city premiere on Tuesday (October 27) with a final grand red carpet in Los Angeles. Celebrities like Will Smith and Jennifer Lopez joined the singer's brothers to watch a screening of the much hyped film.
Several hundred fans, many of them wearing a signature, single-sequined glove, gathered at the city's Nokia Theatre, where stars walked the red carpet ahead of the premiere.
Several of Jackson's brothers were on hand. Jermaine told reporters that Jackson would have approved of the documentary.
"This is who we are, entertainment."
For brother Tito, the red carpet was a bittersweet place.
"I'm very sad today. It's great to be here on the carpet for a premiere, but this is the saddest premiere I've ever been to."
"This Is It" was culled from 80 hours of videotape taken of Jackson's final days of rehearsals for a series of London concerts. Director Kenny Ortega said the film was a challenge, but completely worth it.
"It started out stressful. It started out unimaginable. But it ended up being a real labor of love and a healing experience."
Other celebrities in attendance included Paris Hilton, Anne Heche, and Paula Abdul. Members of Jackson's concert entourage, including his dancers and band, also walked the carpet.
"This Is It" will be released worldwide on Wednesday (October 28) for a limited two week run.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains identifiable children: users must ensure that they comply with local laws and regulations governing the publishing of this material.