- Title: USA: Stars shine at Transformers 2 premiere
- Date: 24th June 2009
- Summary: DIRECTOR MICHAEL BAY ON THE RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 9th July 2009 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA7D7J5FYBA3M9LQRJUIR2R9179
- Story Text: The future of Hollywood graced the red carpet Monday night (June 22, 2009) in Los Angeles, as hot young stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox graced the red carpet for the premiere of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
Directed by Michael Bay, the film is expected to be one of the huge blockbuster hits of the summer, as the Autobots again do battle with their sworn enemies, the Decepticons in a continuation of the classic "good machine vs. bad machine" tale.
"This movie is maybe 3 or 4 times the size of the first one," explained Megan Fox, who has positioned herself as Hollywood's latest "It" girl. "It's massive and it is non-stop action and adventure and I think it is going to be the best movie that is out this summer. It's a perfect summer popcorn movie and I am exactly the same, nothing has changed for me."
The action film, which is heavily laden with special effects, has received mixed reviews, although the star of the film, Shia LaBeouf offered up no apologies.
"I think this movie is just bigger, badder, stronger, faster," said LaBeouf. "It was definitely a lesson in pain tolerance and I think that just in the scope and the size is that this is the biggest movie ever made. It is the best action film you can buy tickets to."
Powerhouse Hollywood director Michael Bay, who has reportedly been upset with the marketing efforts of the film's studio, Paramount Pictures, believes the sequel will move the franchise forward.
"The first one kind of set it up and this one kind of takes you on a big adventure. It introduces you to a lot more of the lore and we will see where we go from there," said Bay.
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" opens on June 24.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.