- Title: USA: "Kick-Ass" premieres in LA
- Date: 14th April 2010
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 13, 2010) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT OF ARRIVAL LINE AT THE PREMIERE OF "KICK-ASS" MOVIE POSTER WIDE OF THE ARRIVAL LINE AT THE CINERAMA DOME AT THE ARCLIGHT HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS LYNDSY FONSECA WHO PLAYS "KATIE DEAUXMA" IN THE FILM WIDE SHOT OF THE ARRIVAL OF NICOLAS CAGE ACTOR AARON JOHNSON WHO PLAYS "KICK-ASS" IN THE FILM (SOUNDBITE) (English) NICOLAS CAGE ON "KICK-ASS" SAYING "Kick-Ass" is more like the mean streets of comic book movies. It is a different kind of film entirely. So, because you don't have secret powers it is more like reality based even though it is more ironic." WIDE SHOT OF THE ARRIVAL LINE (SOUNDBITE) (English) LYNDSY FONSECA ON THE FILM, SAYING "I think Jane the writer, I am such a fan of her from "Stardust" and Mathew Vaughn I am such a huge fan. They have created something really unique and special. I was so excited to be a part of it." (SOUINDBITE) (English) AARON JOHNSON ON WHAT MAKES THE FILM WORK, SAYING "You know it kind of gives the fans exactly what they want to see. We have done a faithful adaptation of the comic book and that has given it the teenage angst of teenage high school with that sort of mixture of that comic violence and great sort of tension." NICOLAS CAGE BEING INTERVIEWED
- Embargoed: 29th April 2010 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA5KZNM039VDLEW1TFGS87A0YI9
- Story Text: What's a super hero without super powers? According to the new comic book flick that premiered Tueday night (April 13) in Los Angeles, it's "Kick-Ass."
Stars Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson and Lyndsy Fonseca were among the cast who graced the red carpet at the Arclight Hollywood theater for the film's premiere.
"Kick-Ass" the film is based on the Marvel comic book series written by Mark Millar. It tells the story of Dave Lizewski, played by Johnson, an ordinary New York teenager and rabid comic-book geek who dons a green-and-yellow internet-bought wetsuit to become the no-nonsense vigilante, Kick-Ass. By overcoming all the odds, the eager yet inexperienced Dave quickly becomes a phenomenon, capturing the imagination of the public. However, being a super hero and living up to his name are not always easy.
"Kick-Ass" is more like the mean streets of comic book movies. It is a different kind of film entirely," explained Nicolas Cage, who plays the crime fighting hero "Big Daddy" in the film. "So, because you don't have secret powers it is more like reality based even though it is more ironic."
Johnson, who worked long hours getting in shape for the film, said "Kick-Ass" played pretty true to the comic book version.
"You know it kind of gives the fans exactly what they want to see," exlained Johnson.
"We have done a faithful adaptation of the comic book and that has given it the teenage angst of teenage high school with that sort of mixture of that comic violence and great sort of tension."
"Kick-Ass" opens in theaters on Friday (April 16).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None