- Title: USA: Willis takes spy turn in "Red"
- Date: 15th October 2010
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 11, 2010) (REUTERS) ( ** BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **) PAN FROM RED CARPET TO GRAUMAN'S CHINESE THEATER BRUCE WILLIS ON THE RED CARPET PULL BACK FROM SIGN TO JOHN MALKOVICH MORGAN FREEMAN GREETING ERNEST BORGNINE RICHARD DREYFUSS AND MARY LOUISE PARKER ERNEST BORGNINE TALKING TO REPORTERS 50 CENT ON THE RED CARPET SYLVESTER STALLONE AND BRUCE WILLIS (SOUNDBITE) (English) JOHN MALKOVICH ON WORKING WITH THE CAST, SAYING: "There are no minuses, I mean, the more good and talented and well trained and experienced and exciting actors you can work with the better right, I think. It doesn't ever really help you if someone is not good." (SOUNDBITE) (English) MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE CAST, SAYING: "Acting is like dancing. If you find actors who you dance well with, its a waltz." (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRUCE WILLIS ON HAVING FUN WITH CO-STARS, SAYING: "Just more fun, just a lot more fun. No, no, really more fun. You throw the ball to someone and they catch it." (SOUNDBITE) (English) MARY LOUISE PARKER SAYING: "No one comes with a huge ego and everybody just wants to work and there is a lot of theater actors, you know." PAN FROM GRAUMAN'S TO RICHARD DREYFUSS
- Embargoed: 30th October 2010 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVAA2TF35RZ4U55P4CHO8Y3PVZOB
- Story Text: There was plenty of star power on the red carpet Monday night (October 11) as action film star Bruce Willis joined co-stars Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker for the Hollywood premiere of their new spy thriller/comedy "Red."
The premiere took place at the legendary Grauman's Chinese Theater.
Based on a cult D.C. Comics storyline, the film is an explosive balance between an over the top comedy and a traditional spy thriller. Willis takes on the lead role of Frank Moses, who along with Joe (Morgan Freeman), Marvin (John Malkovich) and Victoria (Helen Mirren) used to be the CIA's top agents - but the secrets they know just made them the Agency's top targets. Now framed for assassination, they must use all of their collective cunning, experience and teamwork to stay one step ahead of their deadly pursuers and stay alive.
Willis said working with all this talent made his job easy.
"Just more fun, just a lot more fun," said Willis, adding that his talented co-stars allowed him to not have to worry about carrying the film. "No, no, really more fun. You throw the ball to someone and they catch it."
Freeman added that the ensemble cast really worked well together.
"Acting is like dancing. If you find actors who you dance well with, its a waltz," said Freeman.
Among others dropping in for the premiere included Sylvester Stallone, who spent time joking around with his good friend Willis.
"Red", directed by Robert Schwentke, opens in theaters on October 15.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None