- Title: USA: Cameron Diaz and Elizabeth Banks labors in "What to Expect"
- Date: 6th May 2012
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (MAY 14, 2012) (REUTERS) PAN FROM FLOOR TO "WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING" MOVIE POSTER
- Embargoed: 21st May 2012 13:00
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVAACAQW7O43BM9KIBMZB1ORS0MF
- Story Text: Cameron Diaz and Elizabeth Banks dish on wearing fake bellies and breasts for their roles as pregnant moms in "What to Expect When You're Expecting."
Cameron Diaz, Elizabeth Banks, Matthew Morrison and Rodrigo Santoro talked about on-screen chemistry and donning prosthetic bellies and breasts at the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" premiere in Los Angeles on Monday (May 14).
The film, adapted from the non-fiction New York Times bestseller of the same name, revolves around five couples dealing with pregnancy and adoption to humorous and heartfelt results.
Rodrigo Santoro and Matthew Morrison had only gracious things to say about their co-stars and on screen partners, Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz.
"She's a sweetheart," Santoro said of Lopez. "I think she's funny, which helped me a lot. I'm not really used to comedy. This was my second one, so I was a little bit apprehensive at first, like, 'How's that experience going to be?' Jennifer was really helpful, very generous and always prepared. We had a lot of fun working together."
Morrison, who plays a dancing partner to Diaz in a show similar to 'Dancing with the Stars' for the film, said he had tons of fun learning choreography with Diaz.
"It was a great way to get the chemistry that we had, because body language tells so much about a person," the 33-year-old "Glee" star said. "So we got the body language and it translated into great chemistry on set."
The women had it tougher, physically, as Diaz had to wear stuffed bras throughout the movie to mimic her growing pregnancy shape.
"I wore some seriously stuffed bras that were not so fresh because those cutlets are plastic and rubbery," 39-year-old Diaz said. "It gets swampy in there. It's not sexy."
Banks, who co-stars with Ben Falcone, portrays a woman dealing with the tough physical changes of pregnancy like acne, hemorrhoids, swollen ankles and growing breast size. She said that the prosthetic belly she had to wear for the film was "uncomfortable and hot."
"The glamour part really happened in the end when you took it off and you were covered in sweat," Banks said.
"What to Expect When You're Expecting" opens in theaters May 18.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.