- Title: UK: Holy royalty Batman! It's Prince Harry at the Dark Knight premiere.
- Date: 18th July 2012
- Summary: ) EDITORS ALSO NOTE - THERE WERE TWO (2) PREMIERES - THE IMAX AND LEICESTER SQUARE. PLEASE SEE EDIT 3271-UK-DARK KNIGHT LEICESTER SQUARE PREMIERE FOR SOUNDBITES WITH CAST AND DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN AND FILM TRAILER ) LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 18, 2012) (REUTERS) ( ** BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **) DOUBLE DECKER BUS CIRCLING IMAX THEATRE IN WATERLOO WITH "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES" MOVIE POSTER SHOWING CLOSE OF MOVIE POSTER AT WATERLOO IMAX CLOSE OF ANOTHER MOVIE POSTER FANS WAITING PRINCE HARRY WALKING RED CARPET "DARK KNIGHT RISES" DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS (SOUNDBITE) (English) FILM PRODUCER OF HARRY POTTER FILMS DAVID HEYMAN, SAYING: "To see anything by Chris Nolan is incredibly exciting. I mean, Batman is one of those exciting films made on this scale. He's done an incredible job and it's inspiring and it's quality filmmaker making quality films." CHRISTIAN BALE ARRIVING DIRECTOR GUY RITCHIE SIGNING AUTOGRAPH WITH FAN ASKING HIM WHAT HE'S DOING NEXT AND RITCHIE REPLYING "I don't know just yet." (ENGLISH) BALE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS FANS TOM HARDY SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS BALE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS MOVIE POSTER BALE GETTING INTO CAR WITH FANS SAYING "BYE" (ENGLISH)
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2012 13:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts,Royalty
- Reuters ID: LVA6LYZB68Z8FO0A7VO9XWBWOA2P
- Story Text: Britain's Prince Harry makes surprise appearance at the IMAX premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises" in London.
Britain's Prince Harry proved he too was a fan of the "Dark Knight" franchise by making a special guest appearance at one of the film's two premieres in London on Wednesday (July 18).
The conclusion to the trilogy "The Dark Knight Rises" premiered at the IMAX theatre in Waterloo and another in Leicester Square.
Director Christopher Nolan filmed several scenes of the final film in the special IMAX format, much more than in the previous "Dark Knight".
In the press notes, he said he chose IMAX format for its depth and width of picture which draws the audience more into the film.
He was joined on the red carpet by his stars Christian Bale, returning as Batman, and newcomer to the franchise Tom Hardy, who plays his terrifying arch-nemesis Bane.
Director Guy Ritchie also made a surprised appearance and signed autographs.
Harry Potter Producer David Heyman had high praise for Nolan.
"To see anything by Chris Nolan is incredibly exciting. I mean, Batman is one of those exciting films made on this scale. He's done an incredible job and it's inspiring and it's quality filmmaker making quality films," he said.
The film's conclusion sees Bruce Wayne and therefore Batman unseen by the world for eight years.
Wayne has become a recluse, Batman taking the fall for the crimes of the late mayor Harvey Dent, who was also Batman's arch rival Two-Face, to save the hope of Gotham City.
That all changes with the appearance of Selina Kyle, who moonlights as Catwoman, played by Anne Hathaway, and Bane.
"Dark Knight Rises" opens across UK and US cinemas on Friday (July 20).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None