- Title: LEBANON: DAMAGE CAUSED AS EXPLOSION ROCKS IRAN AIR OFFICE.
- Date: 3rd September 1974
- Summary: 1. GV PAN ACROSS Exterior Iran Air building (2 shots) 0.11 2. SV People looking at damage 0.14 3. GV and SV Damage caused by blast (5 shots) 0.51 Initials OS/2336 OS/2342 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 18th September 1974 13:00
- Location: BEIRUT, LEBANON
- Country: Lebanon
- Reuters ID: LVAB1NQMCHBOH7HRH8LOSDOR0LQE
- Story Text: A new guerrilla group has claimed responsibility for the explosion which damaged the offices of Iran Air in Lebanon's capital, Beirut, on Monday night (2 September).
The newspaper Al Hadaf said it received a message form the Lebanese National Revolutionary Liberation Front saying it was responsible for the blast.
The message, from the previously unknown group, said it had attacked the airline office as part of the campaign "to strike at all Arab and foreign lackey interests which help the Zionist enemy".
The explosion caused no casualties. It blew out the glass in the front of the ground-floor Iran Air office and shattered windows in the Reuters office, one floor above.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None