- Title: MAURITANIA: PRESIDENT MOKTAR OULD DADDAH SWORN INTO OFFICE.
- Date: 20th August 1971
- Summary: 1. GV PAN Deputies 0.08 2. GV & SV Deputies casting votes (2 shots) 0.20 3. LV Mr. Youssouf Kaita speaking 0.24 4. GV & SV PAN Ould Daddah enters (3 shots) 0.37 5. MV Ould Daddah speaking 0.43 6. GV Deputies applaud 0.45 7. SV & GV Ould Daddah into car and car away (3 shots) 0.56 Initials OS/1144 OS/1148 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 4th September 1971 13:00
- Location: NOUAKCHOTT, MAURITANIA
- Country: Mauritania
- Reuters ID: LVAEEETCA8SXS7H84844HPHSFCEN
- Story Text: Mauritanian President, Moktar Ould Daddah has chosen a government of young technocrats in his latest ministerial reshuffle. the 16 - man government formed, following last week's Presidential and Legislative elections, included seven new members representing the Mauritanian intelligentsia.
At the opening session of the National Assembly on Thursday (August 19), M. Youssouf Kaita was elected President of the Assembly. President Ould Daddah was sworn in for another term as President of the Republic.
SYNOPSIS: The new National Assembly of Mauritania met in extraordinary session on Thursday to elect a President of the Chamber and members of six special commissions. It was the Assembly's first meeting since last week's Presidential and Legislative elections.
M. Youssouf Kaita was elected President of the Chamber.
Later in the day, President Moktar Ould Daddah entered the legislature to take the oath as his country's President for another five-year term.
In taking the oath, the President promised to "loyally serve the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, the interests of the Mauritanian people and to safeguard the territorial integrity of the country. His speech was greeted by loud applause."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None