- Title: FRANCE: DESIGNER ANDREW GN PRESENTS HIS FIRST COLLECTION FOR BALMAIN.
- Date: 15th March 1998
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 14, 1998) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SHOW (17 SHOTS) 1.32 2. GV/MV: THE FINALE WITH DESIGNER ANDREW GN (2 SHOTS) 1.45 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 30th March 1998 13:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAE69RGLAGDYW2D8GC49MP8CTAC
- Story Text: Young Singapore-born designer Andrew Gn presented his first ready-to-wear collection for Balmain in Paris on Saturday.
Newcomer in the fashion house circle, Andrew Gn showed his first ready to wear collection for Balmain on Saturday (March 14).
Trousers-suits and suits with skirts below knees were favourites of the collection and for the evening, jet woollen bustiers with a jeans or a navy mink over a simple tee-shirt.
Colours were either black or scarlet red.
Andrew Gn studied at Central Saint Martin's in London - which spawned fashion talents Galiano and MacQueen - and cut his teeth as assistant to Emmanuel Ungaro before launching a label under his own name in 1993.
He was hired by Balmain to replace New Yorker Oscar de la Renta who left to devote more time to his own business.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None