- Title: CHINA: CHINA LAUNCHES ITS OWN DESIGNER CLOTHES LABEL
- Date: 18th April 1995
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (APRIL 8-14, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV PAN STREET WITH BICYCLES, EXTERIOR OF INTERNATIONAL HOTEL 0.08 2. LV MODELS ON CATWALK SHOWING CHINESE FASHION 0.12 3. MV MODEL WEARING BLACK DRESS 0.14 4. SCU BOOTS AND LEGS OF MODEL WEARING BLACK LACE MINI DRESS 0.21 5. SLV MODEL WEARING BROWN WINTERCOAT AND MINISKIRT 0.28 6. MV LEGS OF MODELS WEARING SILVER/GOLD COLOURED LEGGINGS 0.32 7. MV PEOPLE IN AUDIENCE TAKING PICTURES 0.34 8. SLV TWO MODELS IN GREY-BLUE OUTFIT WALKING UP 0.39 9. MV TWO PAIRS OF GREY-BLUE BOOTS AND MINISKIRTS WALKING AWAY 0.42 10. SLV TWO MODELS IN DARK BLUE SUITS CHATTING 0.49 11. SCU CAMERAMAN 0.52 12. LV LINE OF MODELS IN KNITTED DRESSES 0.58 13. SCU WHITE BOOTS AND LEGS OF MODEL 1.01 14. SLV GROUP OF MODELS IN WHITE AND LIGHT BROWN DRESSES 1.07 15. LV MODELS POSING AT HONG KONG FASHION GROUP 1.09 16. SLV MODEL WEARING DENIM CLOTHING AND AFRO WIG 1.14 17. CU BLACK STOCKINGS WITH PLATEAU SHOES, MODEL WEARING DENIM DRESS AND DREADLOCKS WIG 1.19 18. MV PAN MODEL WITH BRIGHTLY COLOURED CLOTHING, HI-HEELED PLASTIC BLACK BOOTS 1.26 19. SCU PLASTIC BLACK BOOTS AND BRIGHT GREEN MINISKIRT 1.32 20. MV MODEL IN LONG TRANSPARENT DRESS 1.41 21. LV THREE MODELS AT FRENCH FASHION SHOW POSING 1.47 22. CU TILT MODEL IN GOLD-COLOURED DRESS 1.54 23. MV MODEL IN BLACK DRESS WITH RED ROSES TURNING 2.01 24. CU TILT HIGH HEELS ANG GREEN SILK DRESS 2.04 25. MV MODEL IN SATIN DRESS WITH BRIGHTLY COLOURED FLOWER PRINT 2.11 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 3rd May 1995 13:00
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Reuters ID: LVA4QDADT2QVRAZKSE27XVP68LD3
- Story Text: - INTRO: China used the glamour of an international fashion show to give catwalk publicity to its own designer clothes labels.
-------------------------------------------------------- Home-produced fashion designs dominated the week long fourth China International Clothing and Accessories Fair (CHIC) which finished on Sunday (April 14).
The fair has become an annual event for China's top designers to showcase their spring collections but despite a well-rounded presentation which showed just how far from Mao suits the Chinese have come, it was designers from abroad who made the biggest splash.
Hong Kong set the mood with a flashy, well-choreographed parade. The colony's show incorporated fashion from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s and its designers accented a retro, 1960s style and psychedelic colours to create a look treasured by many of Hong Kong's Canto-pop singers.
The show's big draw-card, however, was undoubtedly the rich display of classic French designs - a message of elegance from the Paris catwalks, with plenty of satin and layered petticoats.
There was plenty of material to inspire the local designers and the show was judged a success all round.
China produces some eight billion garments a year, but many of these are either low-cost garments for the local market or designer garments made for foreign brand-names.
Foreign designs are also capturing an increasingly large section of China's domestic market, with foreign brand-name clothes highly sought-after by many Chinese buyers, who consider them to be more fashionable or of better quality than garments with domestic brand-names.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None