- Title: FRANCE: JAPANESE DESIGNER KENZO SHOWS HIS 1995 MENSWEAR COLLECTION
- Date: 29th January 1995
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 29, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION - RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV VARIOUS OF KENZO FASHION SHOW (8 SHOTS) 1.43 2. SV KENZO WALKS ON STAGE TO APPLAUSE (2 SHOTS) 2.05 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 13th February 1995 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVACYAC3L5G4QFOV1P2L4OXRBAOW
- Story Text: Japanese designer Kenzo showed his 1995 autumn-winter menswear collection in Paris on Sunday (January 29) in the continuing round of fashion events.
Jackets were long, either double or single breasted but buttoned high and invariably worn with brocade waistcoats and cravats.
In a series of Victorian-inspired garments, Kenzo featured check trousers with brown jackets and pinstripes in subtle charcoal or brown.
Colours were mostly subdued but there was a startling series of velvet suits in mustard yellow, lime green, prune and orange.
Velvet jackets in chartreuse or emerald green were sometimes teamed with wide satin pants.
For casual wear, there were Norweigan inspired pullovers in black and white and for rainy days, short or long flared duster coats in shining black or ivory.
A loose jacket in a bronze taffeta for evening wear contrasted with a series of ethnically-inspired kimono coats and thick Mandarin style overrobes lined in silk brocade.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None