- Title: NIGERIA: Nigerian singer Goldie Harvey dies soon after returning from Grammys
- Date: 15th February 2013
- Summary: VARIOUS OF NEWSPAPER SHOWING GOLDIE
- Embargoed: 2nd March 2013 12:00
- Location: Nigeria
- Country: Nigeria
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAACV217DT3UFE15XF1CMZFFM2P
- Story Text: Nigerian hip-hop star and ex-Big Brother Africa 2012 housemate Goldie Harvey dies at the age of 31, soon after returning from the U.S. where she attended the Grammy Awards, local media reported.
Nigerian hip-hop artist and ex Big Big Brother 2012 housemate Susan Harvey, popularly known by her stage name "Goldie" died in the late hours of Thursday (February 14). She was 31 years old.
She returned to Nigeria on Thursday (February 14) from the United States where she went attended the Grammy Awards and was rushed from her home to the hospital but was certified dead on arrival.
Press and fans were not allowed entry into her home.
"She is nice, jovial, friendly and...I was told last night that she died, it was Denrele that told me and I felt so bad, so I had to leave the office to sympathize with him and all that," said Edozie Nnnaji, a fan and friend to Goldie's best friend, Denrele.
Denrele and Goldie where to debut a new TV reality show at the end of February.
Goldie became widely known when she represented Nigeria as a celebrity housemate in the last edition of the Big Brother Africa, 2012.
Although she was criticised for becoming romantically involved with a fellow housemate, Prezzo from Kenya, her neighbour says she will be missed.
"I was really shocked, I stay there, I admire her because I love her music, so even when they are practicing I always stay by the balcony to listen to them, I love her and I like her, I was really shattered this morning when they told me," says Moji Joseph.
The cause of her death is yet to be identified, though she reportedly complained of a serious headache before being rushed to the hospital.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.