- Title: INDIA: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES LEADER ARRIVES FOR FORMAL TALKS.
- Date: 2nd January 1975
- Summary: 1. GV Aircraft taxies in. 0.05 2. SV President Ahmed, Mrs. Gandhi and Mr. Chavan walk forward. 0.16 3. SV PAN Sheikh Zaid out of aircraft and greeted by the three Indian leaders. 0.38 4. LV More delegates out of aircraft. 0.47 5. CU Sheikh Zaid with Ahmed, Gandhi and Chavan. 1.03 6. CU Flags of both countries. 1.04 7. SCU Sheikh Zaid shakes hands with diplomats and others. 1.20 8. SV Sheikh walks to car. 1.25 9. SV PAN Car leaves. 1.33 10. LV PAN Motorcade en routs to President's house. 1.39 11. SV Building with cars arriving. 1.42 12. CU Guards outside and inside conference room. (2 shots) 1.47 13. LV & CU U.A.E. Delegates seated around table with Indian delegates. (3 shots) 2.06 Initials VS 22.17 VS 22.33 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 17th January 1975 12:00
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Reuters ID: LVA3T7Y3JUZFKFH0FDR17BFJS5IX
- Story Text: President Zaid Bin Sultan of the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) flew into New Delhi on Wednesday (1 January) for talks with Indian leaders about economic and cultural relations and the Middle East situation.
The President was accompanied by six Ministers and was met by Indian President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Foreign Minister Yashwantrad Chavan.
Sheikh Zaid paid a formal visit to President Ahmed and than he and his delegation began talks with Indian leaders and officials. The two sides discussed the supply of crude oil to India, joint steel and other projects and cultural relations.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None