- Title: ITALY: MILAN: STRIKE OF ELECTRO-MECHANICAL WORKERS CONTINUES
- Date: 28th December 1960
- Summary: 1. GV Strikers in Piazza del Duomo. 0.04 2. SV Banner on side of building. 0.07 3. CU Poster held by striker. 0.10 4. SV Large basket of gifts for strikers' families arrives in square. 0.14 5. CU Ditto. 0.17 6. SV Ditto alongside other gifts in square. 0.22 7. SCU PAN..various gifts. 0.25 8. LV Gifts being distributed. 0.27 9. CU Ditto. 0.29 10. SV Striker putting banner on lamp-post. 0.33 11. GV Strikers in square. 0.37 12. SV Ditto. 0.39 13. LV Cathedral pan down to strikers. 0.45 14. CU Speaker addressing strikers. 0.48 15. SV Strikers listen. 0.52 16. GV Ditto cathedral in b/g. 0.57 Initials PC/S/AHS/PB Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 12th January 1961 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVAA7JHUJNC8KEL3S150I08HWG5M
- Story Text: Some 60,000 electro-mechanical workers in Milan have been on strike for nearly two weeks. On December 25 they staged a large demonstration in the ancient Piazza del Duomo. Large baskets containing gifts for the strikers' families were placed in the square before the Duomo.
The strike - mainly organized by the leftists 'CGIL' Union - had started with many demonstrations, and many people were seriously hurt in scuffles with police. But on Christmas Day all was quiet and the day ended without incident.
There was no indication that the strike would be soon end. It was reported that a general strike would begin in the area from Dec 28.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None