- Title: BOSNIA: SIR YEHUDI MENUHIN DIRECTS A CONCERT FOR PEACE IN SARAJEVO
- Date: 12th October 1996
- Summary: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (OCTOBER 12, 1996) (RTV(W) - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV CONCERT HALL INTERIOR 0.14 2. MV GERMAN FOREIGN MINISTER KLAUS KINKEL SAYING SARAJEVO HAS BECOME A SYMBOL FOR HOPE AND RECONSTRUCTION (GERMAN) 0.29 3. SLV AUDIENCE IN HALL 0.32 4. MV VIOLINIST SIR YEHUDI MENUHIN COMMENTING ON THE MOTIVES FOR THE PEACE CONCERT (ENGLISH) 1.09 5. MV AUDIENCE 1.13 6. MV MENUHIN CONDUCTING ORCHESTRA 1.25 7. MV BOSNIAN PRESIDENT ALIJA IZETBEGOVIC SEATED AT CONCERT 1.30 8. SCU KINKEL LISTENING 1.35 9. MV AUDIENCE LISTENING 1.40 10. SCU MENUHIN CONDUCTING 2.19 11. MV AUDIENCE APPLAUDING 2.25 12. SLV ORCHESTRA STANDING AND BOWING 2.45 13. MV APPLAUSE 3.01 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8XRFP2AF4PC9CC78R97TWD2B
- Location: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:03:01
- Story Text: - INTRO: Sir Yehudi Menuhin directed a concert for peace in Sarajevo attended by German Foreign Minister Klaus Kinkel.
One of the world's foremost violinists Sir Yehudi Menuhin on Saturday (October 12) directed a "concert for peace" in Sarajevo's national theatre.
Before the concert Sir Yehudi was made an honorary member of the Sarajevo Philarmonic by the directror of the Sarajevo Philarmonic, Emir Nuhanovic.
He was invited to Sarajevo by Germany's Foreign Minister Klaus Kinkel who is on a visit to the Bosnian capital.
Earlier on Saturday, Kinkel had held talks with Bosnia's political leaders. In a short address, Kinkel stated that Sarajevo had become a symbol for hope and reconstruction.
The musical programme included Mozart's Jupiter Symphony" K 551, and Beethoven's Symphony No.7 Op.92.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th October 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None