BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: HEAVY FIGHTING CONTINUES BETWEEN BETWEEN WARRING BOSNIAN FACTIONS.
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: HEAVY FIGHTING CONTINUES BETWEEN BETWEEN WARRING BOSNIAN FACTIONS.
- Date: 26th April 1995
- Summary: NEAR USORA, CENTRAL BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (APRIL 26, 1995) RTV - ACCESS ALL 1. GV WIDE AREA SHOWING HVO-MANNED FRONTLINE 0.06 2. GV HOUSES/VARIOUS OF HVO SOLDIERS ON PATROL/NO MANS LAND BETWEEN SERB AND HVO POSTIONS, DAMAGED BUILDING /SOLDIER LOOKS THROUGH BINOCULARS (5 SHOTS) 0.20 3. GV SMOKE PLUMES OVER BIH ARMY POSITIONS ON OTHER SIDE OF VALLEY AFTER SERB SHELLING 0.28 4. SV SERB POSITIONS 80 METRES FROM HVO TRENCHES 0.38 5. SV HVO SOLDIERS ON WAITING TO RETURN SERB FIRE WITH ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN 0.50 6. MCU CAPTAIN ANTO BAJIC OF THE 110TH HVO BRIGADE, SAID THAT ACTIVITY HAD INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY TODAY WITH BSA SHELLING BOTH HVO AND BIH FRONTLINES AND CIVILIAN AREAS (CROAT) 1.07 7. SV HVO SOLDIERS RETURN SERB FIRE WITH ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN 1.14 8. SLV HVO SOLDIERS GOING INTO BUNKERS 1.25 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAPPBWM16GXWUQD8IGOULPHTLE
- Location: NEAR USORA, CENTRAL BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:01:25
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Fierce fighting continued between the Bosnian Serb army (BSA) and Bosnian Croat (HVO) and Bosnian Government (BIH) troops in central Bosnia-Herzegovina on Wednesday (April 26) - 4 days before the expiry of a 4-month ceasefire.
Captain Anto Bajic of the 110th HVO brigade, stationed on the frontline near Usora overlooking the Serb-held town of Doboj, said activity had increased significantly on Wednesday with BSA shelling both HVO and BIH frontlines and civilian areas.
Fighting in Bosnia has been increasing in advance of the ceasefire expiry date on May 1. U.N. mediators have so far failed to convince either the Bosnian Government or the Bosnian Serb leadership to extend the ceasefire.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:11th May 1995 13:00