- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: FIGHTING CONTINUES IN BOSANSKA KRUPA
- Date: 22nd April 1995
- Summary: BOSANSKA KRUPA AND BRCKO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (APRIL 23-24, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) BOSANSKA KRUPA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (APRIL 23, 1995) 1. SV BOSANSKA KRUPA 0.06 2. SCU BOSNIAN SERB ARMY (BSA) OFFICER LOOKS OUT WITH BINOCULARS 0.10 3. SV ARTILLERY SHELLS/GUN BARREL POINTED TOWARDS OTHER BANK OF UNA RIVER 0.19 4. SCU MACHINE-GUN FIRED 0.30 5. SV BSA SOLDIERS SHELTERING/VIEW THROUGH PEEPHOLE IN SHELTER/ BSA SOLDIERS RUN TO ENTER A HOUSE 0.43 6. SV BSA SOLDIERS RUN ACROSS TO ADJOINING HOUSE 0.48 7. SV BSA SOLDIER STANDS TO FIRE AUTOMATIC RIFLE 0.53 8. SV SOLDIER RUNNING 0.59 9. SV TANK IN HILL EMPLACEMENT FIRES 1.16 BRCKO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (APRIL 22, 1995) (QUALITY AS INCOMING) 10. SV EMPTY STREETS OF BRCKO TOWN, PEOPLE RUNNING 1.26 11. SV TOWN'S MORTUARY - MOTHER OF EDINA CERIMAGIC, WHO WAS KILLED IN THE SHELLING, MOURNING OVER HER BODY 1.36 12. SV BOSNIAN SERB ARMY (BSA) SOLDIERS RUNNING IN TRENCHES IN POSITIONS FIVE KILOMETRES SOUTH OF BRCKO 1.57 13. SV BSA SOLDIER LOADING WEAPON 2.01 14. SV BSA SOLDIER FIRING FROM AUTOMATIC RIFLE 2.15 15. SV IMPACTS OF ANTI AIRCRAFT GUN FIRE 2.28 16. SV BSA SOLDIER FIRING A BAZOOKA 2.36 17. SV MACHINE GUN BEING FIRED BY BSA SOLDIER/MORTAR BEING FIRED/TANK FIRING 2.52 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA48TGTMQ4U2H8AUWRG6N6U9SFT
- Location: BOSANSKA KRUPA AND BRCKO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:02:54
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Fighting continued on Sunday (April 23) near the Serb-held town of Bosanska Krupa in northwest Bosnia.
Bosnian Serb Army (BSA) sources said the Bosnian government Fifth Corps and the BSA clashed there.
Moslem troops systematically opened fire from across Una river on Bosanska Krupa, which is 30 kilometres (18 miles) northeast of the United Nations-declared "safe area" of Bihac.
Bosnian government forces first attacked out of the enclave last October before a fierce Serb counter-offensive pushed them back beyond their original positions.
In weekend attacks, the BSA said Moslem troops used snipers, 120 mm mortars and anti-aircraft "Bofors" guns.
The Fifth Corps has recently been resupplied with arms and ammunition, allowing for bolder attacks on BSA lines.
Heavy fighting also continued on Saturday south of Brcko in northern Bosnia, both Bosnian government radio and the Bosnian Serb agency SRNA reported.
Four tank grenades, fired from the Moslem side, hit the town of Brcko, killing one woman and wounding one man, BSA sources said.
Bosnian radio said Serb attacks against positions held by the government army and Bosnian Croat forces had been thwarted and that "the aggressors have suffered huge losses in manpower in every breakthrough they attempted." The radio added Serb units were shelling government positions near Brcko with large calibre howitzers and 120mm mortars.
SRNA reported Serb units were "successfully repelling" attacks launched by Bosnian government forces and the Croat Defence Council in the same area.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th May 1995 13:00