- Title: USA: ACTRESS JANE SEYMOUR HONOURED WITH STAR ON HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME
- Date: 22nd April 1999
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 20)(RTV-DEVALL) CROWD OUTSIDE ROOSEVELT HOTEL, HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD CAMERA / ZOOM OUT TO FANS FAN WEARING JANE SEYMOUR T-SHIRT PRESS AND FANS FANS WITH CAMERAS JOHNNY GRANT INTRODUCING JANE SEYMOUR CROWD WAVING JANE, SON SEAN, DAUGHTER KATIE, TWINS JOHN AND CHRIS AND HUSBAND JAMES KEACH AT PODIUM STACEY KEACH SOUNDBITE (English) JANE SEYMOUR SAYING "I was thinking this morning about when I first came to California. I gave myself six weeks to make it in this business. The day before the six weeks was up I got my first job and then I couldn't get a work permit and I thought that was it, I'm going back, Hollywood will never be for me. I remember walking along these streets and looking at these stars and just thinking, you know, that's for other people, that will never happen to someone like me. I'm just astounded that I have the priviledge of being one of these and of realising that the United States of America has given me an extraordinary career and have really welcomed me with open arms. The fans here and the fans from all over the world have made it possible because of their love and attention and because of the fact that they watch my movies" STAR BEING UNVEILED CROWD/PRESS AND PAN TO JANE JANE'S MUM, MIKA FRANKENBERG PRESS REPLICA STAR AND PAN TO JANE KISSING HUSBAND PRESS SOUNDBITE (English) JANE SEYMOUR SAYING "The Dr Quinn movie is based on Sully, who's fairly political now and someone wants to come and mine copper and he stops it from happening, and there's a sort of threat made and he doesn't take it seriously. Then the next thing we know, on my surprise birthday party, my daughter Katie is abducted and kidnapped" STAR ON PAVEMENT JANE TALKING TO FANS
- Embargoed: 7th May 1999 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES APRIL
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA1E6UCXTHDAMGU4189BFYYOAXE
- Story Text: Less than a year after the CBS television network cancelled her popular series "Dr.Quinn, Medicine Woman," and less than a month before the network airs the first television movie based on the series, actress Jane Seymour has been honored with a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
Jane Seymour's fans lined up outside the Roosevelt Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard on Tuesday morning (April 20th, 1999), with cameras at the ready to capture a little piece of history.
The queen of film and tv movies was being honoured with a star on the walk of fame, which was paid for by her fan club.The entire Seymour family came along to witness the event, including father in law, Stacey Keach, who looked on with pride as Jane waved to her admirers.
When Jane "first arrived in Hollywood, she thought having a star on the most famous street in the world was something that happened to other people".Back in those days, she was a "struggling actress with big dreams and lays the credit for her success firmly at the door of fans all over the world who have never stopped watching her movies"
Her mum, Mika Frankenberg and husband James Keach were just as pleased as she was to see the star unveiled and the closeness between star and husband was clear for all to see.
Fans were devastated when Jane's TV series, Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman was cancelled last year and lobbied in vain to have it reinstated.
But all is not lost.In May this year, Dr Quinn: The Movie will be shown on television, and Jane was happy to whet the appetites of press and fans with a snippet of what's in store.The storyline has "political undertones, with Sully defending the land against would-be copper miners.His stand results in cross-border clashes with Mexican rebels and the abduction of Dr Quinn's daughter Katie"
As the ceremony drew to a close in Hollywood, Jane Seymour chatted easily with fans who had travelled from all over the world to see their hero being honoured with a terazzo star.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None