- Title: JAPAN: Birthday girl Beyonce performs in Tokyo
- Date: 6th September 2006
- Summary: SLATE INFORMATION
- Embargoed: 21st September 2006 13:00
- Location: Japan
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA1LSE8C5E153KYASD5Z3TX0S74
- Story Text: American R&B and soul singer Beyonce Knolls on Monday (September 4) marked her 25th birthday with her 10,000 Japanese fans at Tokyo's Budokan hall.
"Hello. Are you all right tonight? I can't believe that I"m here with you guys celebrating my 25th B' day," she said before starting her performance. Beyonce sang eight songs, including the medley of hit songs of Destiny Child -- R&B group she belonged until last year -- and new songs like "Deja Vu" from her newest solo album "B' day" which was released worldwide coincided with this day (her birthday).
After the show, Beyonce celebrated her birthday with10,000 Japanese admirers who kept screaming "Beyonce" and holding up heart-shaped balloons in their hands until she returned to the stage.
"This is the most amazing cake I have ever seen in my life," she jubilantly told the audience.
This was Beyonce's fifth visit to Japan but the first one as solo artist.
At the press conference held on Sunday (September 3) she said one of the reason she chose Japan as the place of her birthday party is her gratitude to Japanese fans.
"I would like to thank to all Japanese fans for all the supports, latest support, Destiny child and Beyonce solo artist for almost nine years. Each time I am here, I feel so welcomed and I am very grateful that they appreciate what I do because I definitely appreciate all the fans," she said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None