- Title: TURKEY: Japanese foreign minister launches Japan Year
- Date: 5th January 2010
- Summary: ANKARA, TURKEY (JANUARY 4, 2010) (REUTERS) JAPANESE FOREIGN MINISTER KATSUYA OKADA VISITING ANITKABIR, THE MAUSOLEUM OF ATATURK OFFICIAL CEREMONY AT ANITKABIR OKADA LAYING A WREATH AT ANITKABIR JAPANESE DELEGATES OKADA TURKISH OFFICIALS OKADA AND JAPANESE DELEGATES AFTER THE CEREMONY TURKISH SOLDIERS OKADA AND JAPANESE DELEGATES POSING FOR MEDIA
- Embargoed: 20th January 2010 12:00
- Location: Turkey
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: International Relations,Arts / Culture / Entertainment / Showbiz
- Reuters ID: LVAD63K4QLXKCF80SKS9VSFBF7IZ
- Story Text: Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada on Monday (January 4) made an official visit to Turkey to attend a ceremony marking the start of Japan Year 2010.
Okada held talks with Turkish President Abdullah Gul that centred on bilateral relations and economic cooperation.
Okada also visited Anitkabir, the mausoleum of Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey, before meeting his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu.
The two ministers were expected to hold a joint news conference after the talks.
Okada was later attending the opening ceremony of a year-long initiative to introduce Japanese culture in Turkey.
Japan Year 2010 festivities include a Japanese film festival, concerts by traditional Japanese drummers Ondekoza, and the planting of cherry trees, a symbol of Japan, in ten Turkish provinces.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None