- Title: JAPAN: Japan's latest bra turns into putting mat
- Date: 13th November 2009
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (NOVEMBER 11, 2009) (REUTERS) MODEL GETTING READY TO PUTT A GOLF BALL ON A GREEN MAT ROLLED OUT OF "MAKE-THE-PUTT" BRA BALL BEING PUTTED ON THE GREEN MAT BALL GOING INTO ONE OF BREAST CUPS OF BRA / RECORDED VOICE "NICE IN!" SOUNDING FROM THE BRA MODEL DEMONSTRATING HER PUTT AND CHEERING / "NICE IN!" SOUNDING FROM THE BRA MODEL SHOWING FLIP SIDE OF BRA AND UNBUTTONING STRAP TO HANG DOWN THE GREEN MAT BRA SET ON DISPLAY (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) HIROMI SHINTA, PR MANAGER OF TRIUMPH, SAYING: "Golf is getting more and more popular among young Japanese women, and outstanding Japanese players such as Ryo Ishikawa and Ai Miyazato are all young. So, we tried to fit this social trend into our concept bra." BRA ON MODEL SHINTA UNFOLDING GREEN MAT FROM BRA VARIOUS OF BRA BEING PUT DOWN ON THE FLOOR MORE OF MODEL PUTTING AND CHEERING (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) REIKO AOYAMA, MODEL OF "MAKE-THE-PUTT BRA," SAYING: "This is a golf ball key holder and this is for tees to use on the golf course at any time. And this is a pencil to keep your score with." SIGNED FLAG READING "BE QUIET" BEING PUT UP MODEL SHOWING BACK-SIDE OF HER SKIRT THAT CAN BE USED AS "BE QUIET" FLAG MORE OF MODEL PUTTING AND CHEERING
- Embargoed: 28th November 2009 12:00
- Location: Japan
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky,Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA1FQAPWZ053RH7OFKU31EFZ8MM
- Story Text: A Japanese lingerie brand showcases a bra that turns into a putting mat aimed at golf-loving -- but busy -- young Japanese women.
Triumph, maker of the eco, solar and recyclable bras, showcased the latest of its eccentric bra on Wednesday (November 11) with eyes on a different green -- golf.
Teeing up its novelty in links-crazed Japan, the new "Make-the-Putt Bra" is driving the fairway to consumers' hearts as it turns into a self-contained putting mat.
"Golf is getting more and more popular among young Japanese women, and outstanding Japanese players such as Ryo Ishikawa and Ai Miyazato are all young. So, we tried to fit this social trend into our concept bra," said Hiromi Shinta, public relations manager of underwear-maker Triumph.
The green fluffy lingerie may not be that practical - it's so big that it almost covers the entire belly because it has to nest the 1.5-metre-long (5-ft) green velvet underneath it.
A battery-powered audio signal also helps motivate the player, blaring the traditional Japanese encouragement: "Nice in!" when the cups become filled and there is no caddy needed.
"This is a golf ball key holder and this is for tees to use on the golf course at any time. And this is a pencil to keep your score with," said Reiko Aoyama who modeled the full set of the bra that pairs with a pink collar and skirt, which turns into a flag with sign reading "Be Quiet".
Triumph, not targeting commercial sales, offer a complementary sports skirt reminding all of proper course etiquette.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None