- Title: USA/FILE: Stars from EMI record label are auction off possesions for Japan
- Date: 7th April 2011
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 5, 2011) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ROBBIE WILLIAMS AUCTION ITEMS VARIOUS OF SPICE GIRL MEL C AUCTION ITEM VARIOUS OF JANE BIRKIN BAG AUCTION ITEM
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2011 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA4E5IZ53NGBDL9C4ME0NT7OU64
- Story Text: Some of the leading pop stars from the EMI label have donated personal possessions to raise funds for the Japanese Red Cross in its efforts to aid victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami.
The charity auction, managed by online auctioneer eBay (ebay.com/EMIfamily4Japan), features items from artists including Coldplay, Katy Perry, Gorillaz, Iron Maiden, Jane Birkin, the Beach Boys, David Guetta and Lady Antebellum.
Funds raised will go towards the Japanese Red Cross disaster relief efforts, and EMI said it would match all funds from the sale up to a maximum of one million euros (873,210 pounds).
The initiative is the latest fundraising effort by the pop world, following the release of an album of hits, "Songs for Japan," featuring acts from all four major labels, and a charity gig in London at the weekend starring Beady Eye and Paul Weller.
The first phase of the auction opens on Tuesday (April 5) and runs until April 15th and a second phase lasts from April 11-21.
Items included in the first phase of the auction include Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin's jacket from the 2010 Viva La Vida tour, Jane Birkin's own Birkin handbag designed by Hermes, and concert tickets and a meet and greet with Keith Urban.
The second phase includes a 1987 Ferrari 412 featured in Daft Punk's film "Electroma" and Perry's cupcake trampoline from her California Dreams tour.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.