- Title: JAPAN: Triumph Japan unveils concept bra featuring metallic breast cups
- Date: 13th November 2012
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (NOVEMBER 13, 2012) (REUTERS) MODELS WALKING ONTO STAGE MODELS POSING CONCEPT BRA WITH JAPANESE CHARACTERS READING: "RESTORATION" SKIRT WITH CHERRY BLOSSOM DESIGN METALLIC BREAST CUPS (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) 19-YEAR-OLD MODEL, ALISA SAYING: "I feel I am strong and am empowered and I think it is also cute. If I think I am cute, I feel empowered." METALLIC ORNAMENT DESIGNED AS A CHERRY BLOSSOM HAND MIRROR STUFFED INTO RIGHT SIDE POCKET OF BRA METALLIC CUP WITH CHERRY BLOSSOM DESIGN METALLIC CUP WITH CHERRY BLOSSOM DESIGN AND COMB STUFFED INTO LEFT SIDE POCKET OF THE BRA MODEL STANDING MORE OF METALLIC CUP WITH CHERRY BLOSSOM DESIGN (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) 34-YEAR-OLD EMPLOYEE FROM THE MARKETING DIVISION, YOSHIKO MASUDA SAYING: "These past few years, we have seen a remarkable increase in incorporating Japanese women into Japanese society and witnessed their rise on the world stage in the areas of sports and arts. We wanted to make a bra which could support these women." MODEL SMILING MORE OF MODELS POSING
- Embargoed: 28th November 2012 12:00
- Location: Japan
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Business,Arts,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA9C4UR6H8D3KCB37L0XML311J7
- Story Text: Triumph International Japan unveiled its newest concept bra in Tokyo on Tuesday (November 13) which features metallic breast cups and the Japanese characters "restoration" showing its support for the rise of Japanese women on the world stage and at home.
The crown jewel of the concept bra are the pliable metallic cups made of tin and forged by a female cast metal artisan, Yuko Hagiwara.
Side pockets house a comb and mirror.
"I feel I am strong and am empowered and I think it is also cute. If I think I am cute, I feel empowered," said 19-year-old model Alisa.
Individual Japanese characters which form the word "restoration" when placed side-by-side sit in the mid-section and were hand-crafted by female blacksmith Yuki Okamoto.
Two metallic ornaments designed as cherry blossoms sit on the bra strap and skirt.
Japan was ranked 101 amongst 135 countries in terms of gender equality, according to "The Global Gender Gap Report 2012" released by the world economic forum.
But Japanese women's achievements are on the rise, and Triumph said it wanted to celebrate that.
"These past few years, we have seen a remarkable increase in incorporating Japanese women into Japanese society and witnessed their rise on the world stage in the areas of sports and arts. We wanted to make a bra which could support these women," said 34-year-old marketing division employee Yoshiko Masuda.
Japanese women brought back four of the seven gold medals won by Japan at the London 2012 Olympic Games and various Japanese women's teams broke new ground for their country by bringing home medals in events in which Japan had no dominance.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None