ITALY: SYLVESTER STALLONE SPEAKS ABOUT HIS NEW FILM AND THE VERDICT ON O.J. SIMPSONRecord ID: 550774
- Title: ITALY: SYLVESTER STALLONE SPEAKS ABOUT HIS NEW FILM AND THE VERDICT ON O.J. SIMPSON
- Date: 3rd October 1995
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (OCTOBER 3, 1995) (REUTERS) ***SLATE INFORMATION*** LV EXTERIOR CINECITTA FILM STUDIOS (2 SHOTS) GV NEWS CONFERENCE, BANNER READING 'DAYLIGHT' SV ACTOR SYLVESTER STALLONE SPEAKING (ENGLISH) / GV CONFERENCE (3 SHOTS) SV MEDIA / STALLONE THANKING MEDIA / STALLONE LEAVES NEWS CONFERENCE / LV EXT MEDIA OUTSIDE BUILDING (4 SHOTS) TRANSCRIPT: STALLONE: "THIS FILM BESIDES BEING VERY ADVENTUROUS IS ALSO A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER. BECAUSE THE WRITER OF THIS WAS A PLAYWRIGHT AND IT'S QUITE DIFFERENT THAN A NORMAL ACTION FILM. MY SON IS IN THIS MOVIE AND HE HAS A SMALL CHARACTER PART WHICH IS VERY, VERY NICE. BECAUSE LET'S FACE IT - HE HAS BEEN BORN INTO THIS BUSINESS AND I THINK HE WILL DO A VERY GOOD JOB. ACTUALLY, I THINK HE IS BETTER THAN I AM, SO I'M HAPPY ABOUT THAT. AND AS FOR O.J. SIMSON, I GUESS WE WON'T SEE HIM IN ANY MOVIES, UNLESS HE'S GOING TO DO THE REMAKE OF 'CUT THROAT ISLAND'."
- Embargoed: 18th October 1995 13:00
- Location: ROME, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Crime,Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA5E8Z9JF0FCRGMSV5XOBOX9J4N
- Story Text: Film star Sylvester Stallone on Tuesday (October 3) gave his verdict on the guilt of football hero O.J. Simpson, who is accused of the double murder of his ex-wife and her friend.
Asked on location in Italy -- where he is filming a new movie -- whether O.J. will make films, Stallone joked: "I guess we won't see him in any movies unless they remake Cut Throat Island." Stallone was speaking at Rome's Cinecitta studios where work has begun on "Daylight", his latest action movie which he described as a psychological thriller.
In the film, Stallone stars as Kit Latura, a New York emergency medic called to rescue a group of people when a massive explosion seals bothof a tunnel under the Hudson river.
Latura works out way to get inside the tunnel but becomes trapped with the group and is forced to improvise a dangerous escape to lead his charges back to daylight.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None