- Title: ROMANIA-ALBANIA/RAMA Romania, Albania discuss EU integration and energy
- Date: 27th February 2015
- Summary: BUCHAREST, ROMANIA (FEBRUARY 27, 2015) (REUTERS) ROMANIAN PRIME MINISTER, VICTOR PONTA, MEETING ALBANIAN PRIME MINISTER, EDI RAMA MILITARY ORCHESTRA PLAYING ALBANIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM VARIOUS OF PONTA AND RAMA WALKING IN FRONT OF SOLDIERS
- Embargoed: 14th March 2015 12:00
- Location: Romania
- Country: Romania
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA67E0P4GUZPVXRRYN1P1239W60
- Story Text: Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama met with his Romanian counterpart Victor Ponta on Friday (February 27), at the start of a three day official visit to Romania.
During the meeting, Romanian labour minister Rovana Plumb and Albanian labour minister Erion Veliaj signed an agreement to provide social security benefits for Albanians working in Romania and Romanians working in Albania.
Ponta and Rama discussed the Albanian integration process with the European Union.
"[O]ne of the points in our discussion was referring to the expertise Romania can offer to Albania in its EU integration process," Ponta told a news conference after the meeting.
The process would include sending experts from EU member states to advise Albanian officials during the integration process.
"We discussed something which has also been discussed at the European Commission, the creation of a network of experts in our administration and institutions, which will assist Albania in its European Union integration," Rama said.
A plan to export Romania's energy surplus to the Balkan state was also discussed, but would need the preparation of a formal framework, Ponta said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.