- Title: FRANCE: PACO RABANNE UNVEILS HIS 1996/1997 AUTUMN/WINTER COLLECTION
- Date: 10th July 1996
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 10, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) PACO RABANNE COLLECTION 1. SLV/SV MODELS IN COATS (3 SHOTS) 0.43 2. SV MODEL IN TROUSERS 0.51 3. SLV/SV MODELS IN SHORT BRIGHTLY COLOURED DRESSES (3 SHOTS) 1.28 4. SLV/SV MODELS IN UNUSUAL EVENING DRESSES (7 SHOTS) 2.42 5. MCU FRENCH DESIGNER JEAN PAUL GAUTIER SAYING HE LOVES PACO RABANNE'S SHOWS AND HIS CLOTHES. (ENGLISH) 3.14 6. SLV/SV MODEL IN SPANISH STYLE DRESS/PACO RABANNE ON CATWALK FOR FINALE 4.12 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 25th July 1996 13:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAD5LIGND3N0EDWO9NGVRCEU3P3
- Story Text: INTRO: Paco Rabanne unveiled his 1996/1997 Autumn/Winter Haute Couture collection at the carousel in Paris on Wednesday (July 10).
------------------------------------------------------------------- At Paco Rabanne, a description of the show reads like a handyman's shopping list: metal disc tunics, mosquito screen skirts and a varnished bustier over a skirt of wire caging.
Rabanne unravelled his weird vision of the world against the backdrop of a futuristic city going up in flames. His collection featured synthetic fur coats with medieval spear motifs and Darth Vader masks, a coat of clear plastic arrows filled with coloured water and a gown of chains and satellite dishes.
The celluloid coats served one key purpose -- as mirrors in which members of the fashion crowd could check their lipstick.
Only two garments came close to the realm of the possible: a tiger-striped sequin sheath and a flamenco dress worn by a Spanish dancer at the show's end.
Afterwards, designer Jean Paul Gaultier told reporters: "What he is doing is very intemporel, it goes through the time. You cannot say it's today, it's yesterday, it's the future. It will be the future, it is today and it was yesterday. It's all that at the same time.
"So thank God there is Paco because he is great, he is genereous and he is very creative. He does not care about fashion, he does what he likes and what he wants".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None