- Title: FRANCE: PACO RABANNE UNVEILS NEW COLLECTION IN PARIS.
- Date: 21st January 1998
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 21, 1998) (RTV ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV/CU: HIGHLIGHTS OF PACO RABANNE SHOW (15 SHOTS) 2.57 2. MV: DESIGNER PACO RABANNE COMES ONTO CATWALK WITH BRIDE AND GROOM MODELS 3.06 Initials S.3 - P.3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 5th February 1998 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA15C6T7EJQX94DMBL1AW0PQWNT
- Story Text: INTRO: On the last day of the 1998 Paris Spring and Summer Haute Couture season, Paco Rabanne unveiled a humourous collection inspired by etnic style, modernity and metal and even showed a special World Cup ensemble.
Paco Rabanne opened his show on Wednesday (January 21) with little slender-busted dresses, very strict at first glance, but then revealing a floral lantern-skirt or a fan-skirt unfurling.
The designer played with colour and materials like a pink dress dotted with metal, decorated ostrich leather mini-shorts or mini-skirts worn close to the skin.
In honour of the upconming World Cup in France later this year, he created a World Cup supporters ensemble. But the great revelation of his collection was the use of metal -- like tops over lampshade-skirts, woven jersey-style for gold, silver, black and ruby Art deco ensembles or knittted in a stunning macrame manner over dusky narrow sheath dresses.
Rabanne says he was inspired by ethnic costumes, as seen in his Maori tribal bride and bridegroom, who wore wedding outfits made of spiral metallic tattoos spun around their bodies.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None