- Title: Police and forensics search several buildings accross the Swedish capital
- Date: 8th April 2017
- Summary: VARBERG, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (APRIL 8, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE FORENSIC PERSONNEL LEAVING BUILDING AND WALKING TO VAN, OPENS BOOT POLICE FORENSIC PERSONNEL ENTERING BUILDING, DOOR CLOSING CAMERA OPERATOR FILMING POLICE FORENSIC VAN POLICE FORENSIC PERSONNEL CARRYING PAPER BAGS, ENTERS BUILDING, DOOR CLOSING BUILDING EXTERIOR
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2017 19:58
- Keywords: police truck attack forensic searches investigation Sweden Stockholm
- Location: VARBERG, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: VARBERG, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0016BJGEH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Police swooped in on several addresses across the Stockholm area on Saturday (April 8), according to national TT news agency and tabloid Aftonbladet.
Police forensic vans could be seen outside an apartment in a southern Stockholm suburb.
Police would not confirm if the searches were related to the investigation into the attack on Friday (April 7) when a truck ploughed into a crowd and crashed into a department store in central Stockholm, killing four people and wounding 15 in what the Swedish prime minister said appeared to be a terrorist attack.
But police told Reuters no further arrests in connection with the truck attack had been made.
A 39-year-old Uzbek man is held in custody as the suspected driver of the hijacked beer delivery truck that ploughed into the crowds.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None