- Title: PAKISTAN: SEVERAL PEOPLE INJURED AS EARTQUAKE JOLTS THE CITY OF QUETTA.
- Date: 9th May 2004
- Summary: (W3) QUETTA, PAKISTAN (MAY 9, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. MV: PEOPLE MILLING AROUND EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL. 0.13 2. MV: OF DOCTORS TENDING INJURED PEOPLE ON BED. (5 SHOTS) 1.12 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th May 2004 13:00
- Location: QUETTA, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Reuters ID: LVA53PAXBL6F96E3CJC7PFP2EA75
- Story Text: Several injured as earthquake jolts Quetta in
An earthquake jolted the southwestern Pakistani
city of Quetta in the early hours of Sunday (May 9, 2004),
injuring at least 30 people and causing widespread panic.
The quake, measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale, hit the
city at 2011 GMT, said an official of the city's
A hospital official said they had received 30 people
with minor injuries, many of them hurt when leaping out of
windows in panic. There were no immediate reports of
The epicentre of the quake was in Baluchistan province,
of which Quetta is capital, the seismological official said.
In 1935, an earthquake of 7.5 magnitude flattened
Quetta, killing 50,000 people.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None