- Title: FRANCE: VALENTINO PRESENTS AUTUMN/WINTER 2004-2005 COLLECTION IN PARIS
- Date: 7th March 2004
- Summary: (W5)PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 7, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. VALENTINO AUTUMN/WINTER 2004-2005 COLLECTION, WHITE WOOL JACKET WITH BLACK WOOL DRESS (2 SHOTS) 0.16 2. BLACK/WHITE HOUNDSTOOTH CHECKED WOOL COAT, IVORY TAFFETA SHIRT AND BLACK CASHMERE TIE 0.30 3. BLACK WOOL COAT WITH BROWN SABLE COLLAR, IVORY TAFFETA SHIRT WITH PLEATED COLLAR, CUFFS AND LAP; BLACK VELVET TIE AND LEATHER EMBROIDERED GIRAFFE MOTIF SKIRT 0.40 4. HONEY COLOURED SHEARLING, CROCODILE AND SABLE BLOUSON, WITH BEIGE/BROWN SHEPHERD'S CHECKED SKIRT 0.50 5. MODELS WALKING 0.55 6. LONG BROWN TULLE AND BEIGE SATIN ZEBRA PRINT DRESS WITH BROWN SABLE BOLERO 1.12 7. LONG MAUVE SILK CHARMEUSE EMBROIDERED DRESS 1.25 8. LONG IVORY SILK CHARMEUSE EMBROIDERED DRESS 1.38 9. LONG BLACK CHIFFON DRESS WITH EMBROIDERED BRAS 1.50 10. LONG BLACK CHIFFON DRESS WITH DRAPED BODICE 1.59 11. BLACK CHIFFON DRESSES (3 SHOTS) 2.16 12. LONG BLACK SILK CHARMEUSE DRESS EMBROIDERED ON BACK 2.32 13. ALL MODELS ON THE CATWALK (2 SHOTS) 2.45 14. DESIGNER VALENTINO ON THE CATWALK (3 SHOTS) 3.13 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 22nd March 2004 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA177IYC9Z7LLDL1QCW6OYXW4H6
- Story Text: Valentino presents autumn/winter 2004-2005
collection in Paris, inspired by Berlin in the 1930s.
Marlene Dietrich's Blue Angel sums it up: there is
nothing quite so sexy as feminine curves in men's clothing.
For autumn/winter 2004-2005, Valentino on Sunday (March 7)
combined the strict and tapered shapes of men's wear with
feminine bras and plunging necklines inspired by Berlin in
the 1930s and Helmut Newton's photographic homage to the
Neckties held in place with jewelled studs expressed
the glamorous femininity paired with this season's star
shirts and narrow, wrapped skirts. To soften the men's wear
look for cocktail and evening, skirts were ruffled and
A classic masculine/feminine mix spiced with animal
patterns, double cashmere, wool/silk basket weaves,
wool/silk Prince of Wales and shepherd's check in black and
white, casentino wool and wool tweed in Prince of Wales
check and chicken tooth were masculine staples treated with
Animal patterns from leopard spots on cashmere to
giraffe print in double cashmere, ponyskin in giraffe
prints and chiffon in giraffe and zebra patterns, run
throughout the collection, from coats and furs to evening
Feminine fabrics shimmered and shone, including chiffon
and satin in flower prints and solids, gold lame, ivory
lace, silk taffeta, chiffon and point d'esprit.
The sophisticated glamour of the collection came in a
classic palette of black and ivory, camel, ebony and
chocolate brown, purple, mauve, yellow, orange and bottle
greens. Evening gowns shimmered in gold and silver,
champagne, Valentino red and pink.
Men's neckties and pocket handkerchiefs showed with
tailoring while bras peaked through shirts. There were fur
covers for the shoulders, lapels were ample and collars
were draped including plunging cowl necks for tops and
dresses. There were diamond and fabric inserts, deep
embroidered necklines, suspenders and pleated ruffles for
skirts and shirts.
Romantic lingerie style for bras and tops came in lace,
giraffe and zebra patterns with flower appliqus.
Accessories composed a glamorous zoo including lizards,
turtles and owls in black diamond brooches. Tigers and
giraffes in crystal and jet prowled on suede heels and
draped satin sandals; black and diamonds paired again for
the tiger bag in precise black crocodile, or extravagant
black and white zebra. The 80s enamel logo showed on the
signature purse in black and white swakara, and metal and
suede combined with crocodile for the high sculpted belt
that defines this season's silhouette.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None