- Title: ITALY: THE MOMI UNDERWEAR COLLECTION AT MILAN AUTUMN/WINTER FASHION SHOW
- Date: 24th February 2001
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (FEBRUARY 24, 2001) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV/SV HIGHLIGHTS OF ROBERTO CAVALLI UNDERWEAR COLLECTION (11 SHOTS) 1.10 2. LV/SV HIGHLIGHTS OF BLU MARINE UNDERWEAR COLLECTION (17 SHOTS) 2.36 3. SLV/SV HIGHLIGHTS OF LA PERLA UNDERWEAR COLLECTION (10 SHOTS) 3.38 4. SLV/SV HIGHLIGHTS OF DIOR UNDERWEAR COLLECTION (14 SHOTS) 5.02 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th March 2001 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVABLR1453WA0515JRY9XX2W6RN7
- Story Text: Momi underwear collections was one of the first shows
to start Milan's Autumn/Winter 2001/2002 fashion season on
The Momi collection combines top names in lingerie
design under one roof showing off the latest in style from
Roberto Cavalli, Blumarine, La Perla and Dior.
Roberto Cavalli began with a homage to the masked ball -
or as much as that is possible when the models were wearing
practically nothing. Butterfly masks were echoed with the
tiniest of briefs shaped like butterflies, and models in the
sheerest of pink, mauve and green slips sported tiaras.
Cavalli dressed up his underwear with tops and jackets
that could almost be used as outerwear, such as long gowns
that could work as dresses and pink sheer tops of the kind
that have been seen in the main collection in years past.
The tone was subtle and ladylike, but the career-minded
dominatrix showed through with leather ankle bands, strips of
black leather hanging from negligees and razor-heeled shoes.
If this was too demure for her, there were always the
leather knickers and bras, big belts and studded collars at
Blumarine. There was even something that looked strangely like
a chastity belt. Gold and tan also made a strong showing, and
at the risk of appearing to show nothing, the label sent
models down the catwalk in barely there thongs and one had no
bra at all.
The rich girl image was woven through the collection, and
the final piece, a sparkling bikini encased in an animal print
coat with fur trimming and dark glasses, said it all.
La Perla was more down to earth, with lots of purples,
turquoise duster coats and lace slip dresses with chiffon
Dior paraded poodles, a must have accessory for rich
European women, as part of the show, pointing to the
conspicuous consumerism hinted at throughout the first day of
the Milan Autumn Winter 2001 2002 collections. And the
military theme also seen elsewhere was clearly there in the
camouflage slips and
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None