- Title: KHMER REPUBLIC: HIGHWAY SIX OPERATION HELD UP AFTER HEAVY COMMUNIST RESISTANCE.
- Date: 11th November 1971
- Summary: 1. Ground to air Aircraft overhead & explosions (2 shots) 0.32 2. GV Troops & vehicles 0.37 3. GV Troops in field (2 shots) 0.45 4. Ground to Air Aircraft firing rockets (2 shots) 0.54 5. MV Mortars fired 1.02 6. LV Explosions 1.05 7. Ground to Air Phantom overhead 1.10 8. GV Soldier running 1.15 9. GV & Ground to Air explosion in field (2 shots) 1.23 10. MV Soldiers taking cover 1.25 11. LV Explosion 1.30 12. GV Pan Burnt village 1.39 13. MV PAN Wounded into helicopter (3 shots) 2.05 Initials SGM/0240 SGM/0253 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 26th November 1971 12:00
- Location: Near Barai, Khmer Republic
- Country: Cambodia
- Reuters ID: LVA38MST8Y7Q1BLJY7HWDOPAS29K
- Story Text: The armed forces of the Khmer Republic, advancing along highway Six in an operation codenamed 'Tchenla Two', have been held up by heavy Communist resistance near the town of Barai.
The Khmer army is still trying to liberate the encircled provincial capital of Kompong Thom, but over the last few days there has been heavy mortar fire from the Communist forces entrenched near the town.
Visnews cameraman Yosep Lee filmed this story on Monday (8 November).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None