- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: HEAVY SNOW AFFECTS TUZLA AIRPORT
- Date: 13th December 1995
- Summary: TUZLA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 13, 1995) (AGENCY POOL - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV TUZLA AIPRORT GATE WITH UNITED NATIONS (U.N.) VEHICLE DRIVING OUT 0.05 2. SV SNOWPLOUGHS CLEARING RUNWAY 0.11 3. LV CONTROL TOWER 0.17 4. LV MORE OF SNOWPLOUGHS (2 SHOTS) 0.31 5. LV SOLDIERS OPERATING RADAR 0.40 6. LV SNOWPLOUGH 0.42 7. LV PLANE LANDING (4 SHOTS) 1.29 6. SV PLANE TAXIING/ EQUIPMENT BEING UNLOADED (5 SHOTS) 1.49 7. SCU CAPTAIN ANTHONY DAVIT SAYING THE BAD WEATHER HAMPERS OPERATIONS (ENGLISH) 2.02 8. SV RADAR OPERATORS WALKING WITH RIFLES ACROSS SNOW 2.13 SEQUENCE 7 TRANSCRIPT: DAVIT "IT DEFINITELY MAKES THINGS DRAMATIC BECAUSE THE VISIBILITY BEING REDUCED THROUGH THE SNOW AND ALSO THE CEILING'S DROPPED. THAT CAUSES A BIG PROBLEM." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAE1UXUN1TEX0CDKQGXET8X0N79
- Location: TUZLA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:51
- Story Text: Some of the heaviest snow in recent years created havoc for NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) troops in the northern Bosnian city of Tuzla on Wednesday (December 13).
One of the areas hardest hit was Tuzla airport where NATO troops, charged with keeping the peace in Bosnia, had to clear the runway of snow before a Hercules C130 aircraft could land with supplies.
Captain Anthony Davit said the bad weather was creating a lot of problems and long working hours were needed to keep the runway clear.
More than 15 planes carrying equipment and troops have landed in Tuzla in the last five days.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None