- Title: Abu Dhabi: King Hussein arrives for one day official visit.
- Date: 19th March 1970
- Summary: 1. SV KING HUSSEIN STEPS FROM AIRCRAFT AND IS GREETED BY SHEIKH ZAID BEN SULTAN AND OTHERS (2 SHOTS) 0.06 2. SV KING HUSSEIN AND SHEIKH WALK ACROSS TARMAC 0.11 3. GV GUARD OF HONOUR 0.16 4. SV KING HUSSEIN AND SHEIKH WALK FROM DIAS AND INSPECT GUARD OF HONOUR 0.35 5. GV PEOPLE WATCH 0.38 6. SV KING HUSSEIN MEETS V.I.P. 0.43 7. SV GUARD OF HONOUR 0.45 8. GV CARS ALONG ROAD 0.51 9. GV TRACKING SHOTS ALONG ROAD 0.58 10. GV INT ROUTE, SHEIKH AND HUSSEIN SEATED (2 SHOTS) 1.07 Initials KM/VS/AS KM/VS/AS/MH Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA36WUQDCSWQDRHQJ5XW6S255T2
- Location: Abu Dhabi
- Country: Abu Dhabi
- Duration: 00:01:08
- Story Text: King Hussein of Jordan arrived in Abu Dhabi on Sunday (15 March) on the first leg of a three nation six-day tour. The Jordanian leader will visit Pakistan and Iran in addition to Abu Dhabi.
His tour is aimed at securing greater support for Jordan, including the possibility of increased financial aid from Abu Dhabi to re-equip the Jordanian Armed Forces.
King Hussein was greeted warmly at the airport by Sheikh Zaid Ben Sultan and other government officials. Abroad his aircraft was Crown Prince Hassan, Mr. Zaid Al-Rifai, Chief of the Royal Cabinet, Dr. Jamal Nasser, the Minister of Justice, and a military delegation. The King was also accompanied by Mr. Rahat Shatari, Pakistan's Ambassador in Amman.
After his one-day visit in Abu Dhabi, the Jordanian leader went on to Pakistan for a four-day stay.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:3rd April 1970 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None