SPAIN: BEYER OF EAST GERMANY BEATS RUMANIA'S CUTOV IN THE EUROPEAN AMATEUR BOXING LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT FINAL.Record ID: 636711
- Title: SPAIN: BEYER OF EAST GERMANY BEATS RUMANIA'S CUTOV IN THE EUROPEAN AMATEUR BOXING LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT FINAL.
- Date: 21st June 1971
- Summary: 1. GV First round Beyer (Germany, No. 132) and Cutov (Rumania, No. 142) 0.15 2. CU Woman spectator 0.16 3. GV Cutov on the attack and Beyer counter-attacks at end of first round 0.35 4. CU Spectator 0.38 5. GV Cutov on attack in the second round 1.01 6. SV Spectators 1.04 7. GV Cutov attacking and Beyer fighting back at end or second round 1.15 8. CU Spectator 1.19 9. GV Boxers exchanging hard punches in third round 1.39 10. CU Spectators 1.41 11. GV End of fight 1.46 12. GV Scoreboard shows Cutov five points ahead 1.47 13. GV Cutov runs to corner and shakes hands with Beyer 1.55 Initials OS/1421 OS/1409 SPORT: BOXING Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA8X6XOO4FZT9G4C57W7NPM3IDM
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:01:56
- Story Text: A capacity crowd in Madrid's 14,000-seat Palacio de Deportes on Saturday (19 June) watched Beyer of East Germany bean Rumania's Cutov in the light-welterweight final of the European Amateur Boxing Championships.
Overall, East Europe took most of the medals in the championships, Hungary and the Soviet Union wining three gold medals each. The only West European to gain a gold medal was Spain's Juan Rodriguez -- he beat Leszek Blazynski of Poland in the flyweight final.
The light-welterweight final between Beyer and Cutov was one of the fastest fights of the day. Both boxers showed skill and determination, with Beyer perhaps showing a slight edge in boxing scientifically for most of the three-round fight. VISNEWS cameraman Mike Gore filmed this report of the Beyer-Cutov final.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th July 1971 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None