- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: NATO TROOPS ARRIVE AT SARAJEVO AIRPORT.
- Date: 4th December 1995
- Summary: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 4, 1995) (AGENCY POOL - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV MILITARY TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT COMING IN TO LAND AT AIRPORT 0.06 2. GV/SV AIRCRAFT TAXIIS ON RUNWAY/ DOOR OPENS AS UNITED NATIONS PROTECTION FORCE TROOPS (BLUE HELMETS) RUN TO AIRCRAFT (2 SHOTS) 0.20 3. SV UNITED NATIONS (U.N.) SOLDIERS ON RUNWAY 0.22 4. SV/SLV SOLDIERS DESCEND FROM TAILGATE OF AIRCRAFT (BARE-HEADED AMONG BLUE HELMETS) (2 SHOTS) 0.32 5. SLV BRITISH FORCES LAND ROVER CAR DRIVEN OFF AIRCRAFT/ ZOOM OUT (2 SHOTS) 0.43 6. GV/SLV OTHER SOLDIERS WEARING GREEN BERETS AND IN CAMOUFLAGE/ TROOPS WALK AWAY FROM AIRCRAFT (3 SHOTS) 0.56 7. SV UNITED STATES (U.S.) PRIVATE MATTHEW CHIPMAN SPEAKING (ENGLISH) (TO REPORTERS)/SLV REPORTERS (2 SHOTS) 1.22 8. SLV/ PAN BRITISH FORCES (IN BLACK BERETS) BEING GUIDED BY BLUE HELMET U.N. SOLDIER (4 SHOTS) 1.52 9. SLV U.N. SOLDIER AT ATTENTION 1.55 SEQ.7: TRANSCRIPT; CHIPMAN: "WE WILL BE SETTING UP THE HEADQUARTERS FOR THE BIGGER FORCE COMING DOWN. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN THAT WILL BE. THERE WERE ONLY A SMALL GROUP ON THE AIRCRAFT TODAY." Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA1X4OBDWO4KEQR0D5WCQT1Z7UY
- Location: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:01:55
- Story Text: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) troops landed at Sarajevo's battle-scarred airport on Monday (December 4) in the first wave of a deployment of 60,000 soldiers to enforce a peace accord in Bosnia.
A C-130 aircraft carrying British troops and at least one vehicle landed at the airport at 1200 GMT after a flight from Lyneham, England.
Military sources said it was the first of several NATO flights expected to arrive in Sarajevo on Monday.
Seven British soldiers from the 7th regiment arrived to help set up communications and logistics ahead of the full deployment of NATO troops.
They were wearing their regimental berets, not the more familiar blue U.N. berets.
Around 20 NATO soldiers from Belgium, France and Britain and two U.S. soldiers, Private Matthew Chipman and Sergeant Todd Ikemann,arrived on another aircraft an hour later.
Chipman said that he would help set up the headquarters for the bigger forces to come.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:19th December 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None