BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: FAMILIES OF BOSNIAN-SERB PRISONERS PROTEST OUTSIDE MOSLEM PRISONSRecord ID: 639651
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: FAMILIES OF BOSNIAN-SERB PRISONERS PROTEST OUTSIDE MOSLEM PRISONS
- Date: 14th February 1996
- Summary: DOBOJ AND STANIC RIJEKA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (FEBRUARY 14, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) DOBOJ 1. SV LARGE CROWD OF DEMONSTRATORS OUTSIDE ICRC (INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS) OFFICE 0.11 2. SCU MAN IN CROWD POINTING AND TALKING TO OFFICIAL FROM ICRC 0.16 3. SCU MAN IN CROWD SHOUTING 0.21 4. CU WOMAN CRYING 0.29 5. SV CROWD LISTENING 0.31 STANIC RIJEKA 6. SV IFOR (IMPLEMENTATION FORCE) CHECKPOINT, SWEDISH IFOR VEHICLE AND SOLDIERS 0.35 7. SV SWEDISH IFOR SOLDIERS TRYING TO PUSH ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) 0.44 8. SV SWEDISH IFOR SOLDIERS AND APCS 0.52 9. SV MINI-VAN ARRIVING CARRYING RELEASED BOSNIAN SERB PRISONERS 1.09 10. SV BOSNIAN SERB PRISONERS, ONE WITH AMPUTATED LEG, WALKING TO WAITING BUS 1.20 11. SV VARIOUS OF RELEASED PRISONERS BOARDING BUS 1.48 12. SV VERY OLD RELEASED PRISONER BEING HELPED TO BUS 1.52 DOBOJ 13. SV CROWD WAITING FOR RELEASED PRISONERS 1.59 14. SV RELEASED PRISONERS ARRIVING, VARIOUS OF PRISONERS HUGGING WAITING RELATIVES AND FRIENDS 2.13 15. SV CROWDS 2.18 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3JN88Q47BQXYSH2GTBK6R0KTB
- Location: DOBOJ AND STANIC RIJEKA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:20
- Story Text: The families of some Bosnian Serbs held captive in Bosnian Moslem prisons staged a protest on Wednesday (February 14) outside the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) office in Doboj, north Bosnia.
Around 150 relatives expressed their disgust at the lack of concern shown by the attitude of international bodies towards the imprisoned Serbs.
Later on Wednesday, the Bosnian mainly-Moslem authorities in the northern town of Tuzla released ten Serb prisoners from a group of 88 being held in a local jail, witnesses said.
The ten elderly Serb men were freed in the village of Stanic Rijeka, on the confrontation line some 50 kilometers (30 miles) west of Bosnian government-held Tuzla.
The ICRC said the prisoners were being held in contravention of the peace accord which required the unconditional release of all POWs (Prisoners of War) by January 19.
A Bosnian government representative said the men were not classic prisoners of war, but civilians captured in the course of military actions on the Vozuca front, west of Tuzla, last summer.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:29th February 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None