BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERBS EXHUME RELATIVES BODIES FROM CEMETERY BEFORE AREA FALLS UNDER BOSNIAN MOSLEM ADMINISTRATIONRecord ID: 639653
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERBS EXHUME RELATIVES BODIES FROM CEMETERY BEFORE AREA FALLS UNDER BOSNIAN MOSLEM ADMINISTRATION
- Date: 15th February 1996
- Summary: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (FEBRUARY 15, 1996) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. TV HADZICI SUBURB FROM HILLTOP 0.10 2. SV CEMETERY IN DISTANCE, RELATIVES AND GRAVE-DIGGERS IN CEMETERY 0.16 3. SV VARIOUS OF GRAVES, PEOPLE AT SCENE 0.24 4. SV VARIOUS OF GRAVE DIGGERS EXHUMING COFFINS (3 SHOTS) 0.39 5. SV VARIOUS OF COFFINS BEING CARRIED AWAY FROM GRAVES 1.50 6. SCU ROBERT ZORIC SAYING THIS IS THE SECOND TIME SOME BODIES HAVE BEEN EXHUMED. WE DO NOT KNOW WHERE WE WILL PUT THEM. WE ARE TRYING TO EXHUME AS MANY AS POSSIBLE AND MOVE THEM TO SERBIAN CONTROLLED TERRITORY (SERBO-CROAT) 2.23 7. SV VARIOUS OF GRAVE-DIGGERS WORKING IN THE CEMETERY 2.39 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAHEKY79W3O2YHFKZEALF13FET
- Location: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:42
- Story Text: Bosnian Serb residents in the Sarajevo suburb of Hadzici have been exhuming the bodies of their relatives from the local cemetery before the area comes under Bosnian Moslem administration.
On Thursday (February 15) alone 32 coffins were exhumed.
The Bosnian Serb residents fear the Bosnian Moslem administration will destroy the cemetery.
Robert Zoric, a Bosnian Serb who has helped with the exhumations, said they were digging up some bodies for the second time, since they had already been moved from elsewhere.
"We do not know where (exactly) we shall take them now. We are trying to exhume as many as possible and move them to Serb territories" Zoric added.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:1st March 1996 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None