- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN SERB FORCES MAKE SIGNIFICANT GAINS
- Date: 25th September 1995
- Summary: 15 KILOMETRES SOUTH OF BOSANSKI NOVI, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (SEPTEMBER 25, 1995) (RTV -- ACCESS ALL) 1. SV/SLV ARMED BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS WALKING DOWN THE ROAD IN A LINE (3 SHOTS) 0.11 2. SV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS WALKING THROUGH FOREST 0.19 3. SV/SLV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS SEARCHING FARM IN AN UNIDENTIFIED VILLAGE (5 SHOTS) 0.38 4. LV/SCU/SV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS THROUGH MORE FOREST AND IN A FIELD (9 SHOTS) 1.16 5. LV BOSNIAN MOSLEMS SEEN IN DISTANCE (4 SHOTS) 1.49 6. GV FOREST (AUDIO GUN FIRE) 1.56 7. LV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS ON GROUND / MOVING CAREFULLY OUT OF THE SURVEILLANCE AREA (3 SHOTS) 2.16 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA9SFQ02S66U6M1K81ZOYNE479S
- Location: 15 KILOMETRES SOUTH OF BOSANSKI NOVI, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:02:17
- Story Text: Bosnian Serb forces said on Monday (September 25) they had made significant gains in a counter-offensive against Moslem and Croat troops who captured a huge area of northwest Bosnia earlier this month.
Eyewitnesses saw Serb troops push battlelines forward by up to five kilometres (three miles) west of Bosanski Novi, a Serb-held town on the Croatia border which was attacked by Croat troops 10 days ago.
Meanwhile a top Bosnian Serb army reconnaissance group was undertaking a further survey of the ground 15 km (9 miles) south of Bosanski Novi. The group said it had got to within a couple of hundred of metres from the Bosnian Government defense lines.
At one point, the Bosnian Serb reconaissance group could see Bosnian Moslems walking near a house a short distance away.
Serb military authorities said their counter-offensive consisted of a push between Bosanski Novi and Sanski Most, about 40 km (25 miles) to the southeast.
In Sarajevo, the United Nations (U.N.) confirmed that the Serbs had beefed up their lines and made probing counter-attacks.
Bosnian Serb officers told Reuters that elite units had been brought from eastern Bosnia to help mount the counter-offensive.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:10th October 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None