- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: UNHCR CONVOY LEAVES SARAJEVO FOR GORAZDE
- Date: 7th October 1995
- Summary: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (OCTOBER 7, 1995) (RTV (A) -- ACCESS ALL) 1. LV UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR) VEHICLES PARKED BY ROADSIDE 0.05 2. SCU UNHCR SPOKESMAN GUY-PHILIPPE PUYO SAYING DUE TO LATEST PEACE AGREEMENT HE HOPES THE UNHCR CONVOY WILL HAVE FREE PASSAGE TO GORAZDE. NORMALLY CONVOYS ARE DELAYED AT SERB CHECKPOINTS, SOMETIMES FOR DAYS (FRENCH) 0.22 3. SV UNHCR VEHICLES PASSING ALONG ROAD (3 SHOTS) 0.36 4. SV UNHCR TRUCKS AND U.N. ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIERS (APCS) DRIVING PAST (4 SHOTS) 1.17 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA3MDWVN5I7BL74JLE1CPPYZ0Q4
- Location: SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:01:19
- Story Text: A UNHCR convoy containing seeds for spring harvest left Sarajevo early on Saturday (October 7) for the U.N.-designated safe area of Gorazde in eastern Bosnia.
The UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) convoy was the first to head for Gorazde from Sarajevo in more than a year.
UNHCR spokesman Guy-Philippe Puyo said the event was a special one because, usually the Gorazde-bound convoys leave from Belgrade in the rump Yugoslavia.
Normally, there are two checkpoints on the road, but Puyo said he hoped the trip would go smoothly. The convoy was given a military escort by Russian U.N. soldiers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:22nd October 1995 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None